cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Produc 4 levels Hirearchy input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Please any one help me in this requirement, searched lot in Forums but couldn't find this scenario to enter input data at all level combination and save data.

Requirement is attached in screen shot    in Document

1  Product Hirearcy

2. Input template which require all levels need to appear in template

3. Master data of PRODH4, PRODH3, similarly other two levels of PRODH1, and PRODH2

4.Transformation file

scenario is as mentioned below:

For this sales model created 16 dimensions , users want all levels need to appear in the input, if created at parent level then data not able to save because  1st,2nd and 3rd levels are Parents. So for this created 4 product dimensions like prodh1, prodh2, prodh3, prodh4, and all levels data maintain in 4 dimensions.

But since all combination became mess up, so created one more new dimension which will be all combination of all dimensions which exist in model as properties. Now I need to map in transformation file the data for this id.

Currently I'm getting actual values from cube from BI to BPC

Now my questions are two

1. whether I build new dimension which has all levels  and can input at all levels

2. or else should I need to create one more dimension which have all combination of dimension members in one dimension (which will be id's as some sequence numbers) and pull data from BI, but to pull data for this id, there is no object in BI.

screen shots in document

Transformation file

Regards

Silu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silu,

What was the reason to create so many dimensions instead of multiple hierarchies in a single product dimension?

If you want to manually enter data on the "parent" level - then use write back badi with disaggregation. If you want just to load data from BW - then you can use dummy members and post processing...

Vadim

P.S. A lot of dimensions affects performance and report complexity...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim

Thanks a lot, actually I don't want to many dimension to create but not sure how to go further for this requirement, users want all combination of levels to display in input and want to save data, while saving it is throwing error, that data can't be saved at parent level.

As you said write back badi with disaggregation, i will try for this, but again users want to roll all data at top level.

During report of they select at any level data need to appear by groouping

Regards

Sreevani

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silu,

First thing is use only one product dimension and multiple hierarchies in that. Crate dummy inputable member in same dimension with proper parent node.

While loading data from BW use routine in transformation file.

Use write back BADI with disintegration as suggested by Vadim.

Please go through the following link.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0309226-814f-2d10-61a6-ef8da29e3...

Shrikant

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"As you said write back badi with disaggregation, i will try for this, but again users want to roll all data at top level."

The idea of disaggregation write back badi is simple:

1. User enter data on PARENT level (can't be saved) and press Save.

2. Badi will check that data is coming to parent level and instead of generating error the data will be distributed to base members using some logic (have to be defined). The original value for parent will be deleted - no errors.

Vadim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

my new dimension is created like this, which had properties or again another dimensions

Id     country   salesrep    prodh1   prodh2   prodh3   prodh4    region    subarea  mattype   profitcent

1      AE         88               10101  1010101   10110111 1011011110  APAC         FERT      IVP

10   AU          36             10101   1010101   10110112   1011011012  EMEA       HAWA    DES

Here in this dimension ID is just normal number which not exist in BI, all other properties exist in BI and, i need to check the above  combination with cube in BI and get ID into Transformation file, and

for signdata the direct infoobject value which exists in keyfigure in BI

COUNTRY = 0COUNTRY

SALESREP = 0SALESEMPLY

PRODH1 = 0PRODH1

MATTYPE = 0MATERIAL_0MATTYPE

ID=  all combination of sales cube data in BI check with master data, if exists then take ID from dimension and pass here.

SIGNDATA= 0DEB_CRE_LC

Regards

Silu

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not support the idea with prodh1, prodh2, prodh3, prodh4...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim & Shrikanth

Thanks a lot for your help, issue resolved, I'm now able to save data at parent level and now not required 4 dimensions. I used BADI write-back

one more question, when i save data at parent level, the value is populating at children level, I don't want to show those values to the user at children level, is there a way to remove values at children level.

ex:

Parent - 300

child1 - 100

child2 - 100

child3 -100

when i saved parent 300 automatically child getting distributed with equal amount which i don't want to show at child level

Regards

Silu

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silu,

I do not understand your logic...

In general you can't save data on the parent level, you can save data on the base level only. Write back badi with disaggregation only simulates saving data on the parent level but in reality - saves data on the base children.

You can change write back badi to write data not to all children but to some specific, but you have to define the logic.

Vadim

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silu,

Crate one property in Product dimension e.g. INPUT_NODE.

Assume that parent node is ABC and value of INPUT_NODE is ABC_INPUT

IDPARENTH1INPUT_NODE
ABC ABC_INPUT
DEF ABC
GHI ABC
JKL ABC
ABC_INPUT ABC

Modify Writ back BADI in such way that it will search for INPUT_NODE value of that parent node and post the result to that node.

Shrikant

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Long description of my proposal

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just forgot to mention "As suggested by Vadim "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim/Shrikant Thank you to both of you for providing me solution, issue resolved now, user's are ok even though  data appears at child level. so currently in my scenario I didn't added INPUT_NODE. once again Thanks for help. Regards Silu