Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Calendar : Holidays to be selected by employee

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We have given an option for choosing 9 holidays from a list of 15 holidays to employee for 2015. In this case Holiday will be different for different employees. Then how to handle holiday calendar for entire unit.

Regards,

Niladri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could upload substitution records, say Restricted Holiday for each individual, with a value Day Type = 1 - That way, they automatically get a paid holiday, and they need not apply for absence.

So after HR gets back the list from each employee - you have a list of pernrs with 9 dates each.

Prepare a suitable upload file format, upload subsitution records for each date with Day Type =1

Hope this helps.

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Forgot to mention we are implementing Negative time mgmt with no Time Evaluation. Will there be any impact if we apply your solution ?

Regards,

Niladri

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There should be no impact. Basically, the system knows that an employee is on a Public Holiday, if the day type is 1. And that is what we are doing with the above solution.

I will add that this is the exact solution we have already implemented for a similar requirement - In our case it was not individual employees, but specific offices - However the principle is the same - As there were hundreds of offices, rather than create 100s of Holiday Calendars, the control was given to the Office administrators to simply mark the day as Day Type 1 in IT 2003 for all employees in their office.

Clearly, you can test this very easily - Manually maintain day type 1 for an employee in IT 2003, run payroll for him and check that payroll correctly treats it as a Paid Holiday.

Then work out the finer details of the actual solution you are going to implement.

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Harish,

First of All, I would like to appreciate you for such clarity of thought process involved in this solution design.

We are also having similar scenrio - Client has 40 offices PAN India with 40 different holiday calendars.

Let me proceed with your solution. If any issues, I'll let you know.

Regards,

Niladri

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either of the solutions given by Harish & Sankarshan can be used.

The one with IT 2003 with day type 1 would be the easier one with no config, no IT 2006. It achieves the requirements well enough.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any calender sap-app or gadget for the current year 2015??

regards,

Dharanesh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you specify the issue clearly.

how employee will choose their list of holidays in that year 2015 ? (i think you have ESS) and how you are updating to these to the Holiday calender. If holiday calender is different, how you assigned these Holiday calender to the PA & PSA ?

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

All employees don't have ESS access(Only Executives). It'll be maintained by unit HR admin manually after receiving from non ESS employees.

Holiday calendar has all 15 holidays. If I assign to that PA-PSA I think all can take 15 holidays.

Thinking of other alternatives !!

Regards,

Niladri

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go with my last reply.

would be helpful for your client since they are maintaining through HR admin person.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agreed with u Sankarshan..Need to do as per suggestion only as I can't think of other alternatives.

Regards,

Niladri

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri,

Check and let me know.

I think it could be feasible and through custom report you can get the details that employee specific holiday details.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you generated PT01 for the period 01.01.2015 to 31.12.2015 ? if not you can go ahead with previous suggest way. suppose if you generated WS then then calender holidays will be appear while running the Time evaluation and warning message will come that Employee worked on the public holiday. it will give OT hours and more salary too.

you need to check all these also, before going to do any configuration regarding this requirement.

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

Its negative time mgmt for all. Planned not to use Time Evaluation at all. RPTQTA00 will be used for Quota generation and overtime payment is offline process , payment through IT267/15.

Regards,

Niladri

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Work schedules will be generated based on the following combination ESG Grouping,PSA Grouping, here concern is holiday calendar varies for each individual employee Since we have to group each individual employee into a different group where in general terms holiday calendar for Individual employee neither based on location nor based on employee grouping(Regular Contract etc) better go with an user exit user exit is also complicated i hope since work schedules will be generated with the combination ESG+PSA+Holiday calendar ID how to distinguish holiday calendar for each individual is again a tricky job after generating work schedules we can assign it to an employee but while generating it self differentiation on the basis of employee choice and we can not group each individual employee in to a single group since it is similar to grouping of Personnel numbers instead of employee sub groups.

Since base thing we can not define grouping based on individual employee number and system does not show us generated work schedules according to individual employee even though manually we try to change work schedule it generates work schedule for the complete group of employees.

Whether ESS is being used.?

How employee will come to know that whether holiday is being opted or not where he is checking holiday calendar, Management decided 15 days as holidays later employee opted for 09 only then how come he is verifying that generated holidays are correct or not i.e current process.?

On the basis of Holiday class 1 what are all the calculation happening OT Comp off etc.?

Since it is a tricky job for technical consultant as well to generate work schedule with out having proper reference.

Regards

Venkatesh

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri,

If your query is answered then close the thread.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Due to other dependencies from client requirement and LSO BBP activities, couldn't test the scenerio . Once tested will let you know and close the thread with points .

Regards,

Niladri

Former Member
0 Kudos

After selecting the Holidays by the Employee's user has to run the PT01 generate work schedule (01.01.2015 to 31.12.2015) to activate the public holidays in the Specific Employee WS

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

Can you please explain it more. Because if I choose PT01, it asks for holiday cal Id which is not same for all employees also PT01 is not emp specific.

Regards,

Niladri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Every Employee is assigned to some ESG grouping right.

for this go for batch input generation session and select all the ESG and Holiday calenders, PSA groupings, WSR, Dates - 01.01.2015 to 31.12.2015

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

But all employees belonging to particular ESG may not opt for similar set of holidays, Will it be taken care automatically  ?

Regards,

Niladri

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maintain Religon denominator for those holiday and in infotype 02 maintain Religion of the employee

So that based on religion the employee can avail holiday

Ex :- Ramzan leave cannot be taken by non muslim.

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sikindar,

I gave a thought to this idea. But client is not ready to discriminate religions and not going to maintain religion in IT0002.

In case they are convinced in future, is there any linkage from IT0002 to holiday calendar?

Regards,

Niladri

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri,

Your holiday's is employee specific or ESG & PSA grouping level?

I would suggest you that go with create a holiday quota  quota as 9. Then as per employee's selective holiday's upload in the IT2001 as paid holiday absence which will be automatically deducted from holiday's quota.

Check and tell me.

Regards,

Sankarsan

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agreed with ... Dey it is last option i feel

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Can we achieve it in IT0007, Changing Work Schedule - Suppose employee has opted 9 holidays in the year , then can I make those 9 days off in his Work schedule.

Just an idea, not sure whether it will work or not.

Or can we use Substitution concept here?

Regards,

Niladri

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri,

You can go with substitution procedure but i would suggest you go with previous solution which i had provided.

Change the day off in the work schedule is not correct procedure.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri,

If it's answered then close the thread.

Regards,

Sankarsan