cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source is not active(RSTRAN814)

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

i created data source in ECC 6.0( CO-PA) keb0 then i created info source from data source which is replicated to BW system but when i create transformation from info source to info cube i am getting the error like source is not active. i selected source of transformation as info source and when i click on F4 i am not able to find my info source.but if i check the info source it is in active mode. i don't know why but if i create transformation from data source it is working fine.can anyone please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe different terminology for the same but in 7.0 data flows we talk about a DataSource to identify the extractor in the ECC source system. It can be confusing to talk about InfoSource if it's related to the extractor in the ECC source system and might relate to the obsolete 3.x data staging technology.

In the context of CO-PA this is a generated DataSource using t/code KEB0). Next step is to replicate it in BW (as 7.0 DataSource) and after that create the rest of the data flow (i.e. a Transformation and an InfoProvider).

It's a guess but could it be that you replicated the DataSource as a 3.x DataSource and that you tried to create a Transformation connecting to it?

If so, delete the 3.x DataSource, replicate the DataSource again (be sure as 7.0 DataSource) and create the Transformation again.

Best regards,
Sander

0 Kudos

thank you,

yes sir you are correct i created data source of 3.X version and trying to map it  to info source.

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I strongly advise you to use 7.0 data staging technology from now onwards. Do not use 3.x data staging technology for any new data flow anymore. Either create a new data flow using 7.0 objects or migrate the 3.x data flow.

Please note that if you decide to stay on 3.x data staging technology, you cannot use a Transformation. Then you have to use Transfer Rules and Update Rules.

Best regards,

Sander

0 Kudos

Hi Sir ,

Now i got the solution data source is 7.0 only but the info source is of 2.0B what i did just i created new info source by copying the existing info source but version is 7.0 i maintained then it accepted and i am able to do transformation but i copied standard one and created 7.0 one , sap does not deliver 7.0 info source  i even checked in business content it is not there, so means from where i need to download it from service market place? please answer me if possible.

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

Your approach is correct and shows that it works.

Sometimes Business Content comes still in 3.x data staging technology. You can use the Migration functionality to migrate such objects to 7.0 data staging technology. You can find the Migration function in the context menu (right click) of the respective 3.x object, e.g. your 3.x InfoSource.

Best regards,
Sander

Answers (0)