Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Repaired Parts (want only stock update no value update)

The scenario I require is as follows,

I have a defective Spare part that has to be subcontracted to an external vendor for repair .

Using movement type 201 and MB1a goods issue is done , and 202 goods is received ,

at present both the stock and value of the Spare part is updated when receiving the material

Is there any way for only the stock to be updated without Value updating . I do not want to use refurbishment order scenario.

I can think of one way that is Split valuating the Part into Defective price and Refurbished price with the refurbished price being Zero that makes the Value update redundant.

If any of y'all can Solve my issue in a step by step way the help would be appreciated .

Regards Gervasis D Paracka

Former Member
Former Member replied

From a cursory analysis, it seems you can use the following option:

1. Create a SubContracting PO, Item Category L, Net Price in the PO will be the Repair Price Quoted by the Vendor.

2. Enter the Same Material code ( Spare Part which has to be repaired) in the Components Tab.

3. Goods Issue the Component by MB1B or ME2O.

4. Receive the "Repaired Spare Part" with 101 which will post the consumption for the original spare part by 543 movement type.

5. For identification between Normal inventory Spare Parts and Repaired Spare Parts, you can have unique batch numbers for Repaired Spare Parts. Eg RSP2XX9000

6. The cost of the Repaired Spare part will include the Original Spare Part MAP + Repair Price in PO.

You may explore the above approach and fine-tune it to your requirements.

2 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question