Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indirect Material - No Material group & no material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help me in the below query

my client is having many indirect material - they are not maintaining any material group / material master.

they do P2P process as below

1. PR will be created in non sap system - through Functional Module (FM) it will be pushed to SAP system

2. PO will be created automatically in SAP system

my query is in the above case, how to bring the tax code into PO automatically.

Kindly help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance

Lee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use the condition technique to bring tax code automatically in Purchase Order. Have a look into the document

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is that PO created with account assignment category...?

Regards,

Karna J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karna,

Yes it should be.

Thanks,

Lee

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly try below path

IMG menu path Materials Management -> Logistics Invoice Verification -> Incoming Invoice -> Maintain Default Values for Tax Codes.

Regards,

Karna J

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly do as per below suggestion.

1. Create new material group to find Indirect material and assign the same to material master.

2. Create info record.

3. Create tax condition record with key combination of Plant and Material Group.

System will fetch tax code automatically while creating the PO for the same Material group and plant combination.

Regards,

Karna J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karna,

Yes this process i am aware.

But my client does not want to maintain any material group / material master for indirect material (like stationary etc).

as i mentioned in my query

1. PR will be created in non sap system - through Functional Module (FM) it will be pushed to SAP system

2. PO will be created automatically in SAP system

my query is, how to bring the tax code into PO automatically for indirect material / non stock items.

Thanks in advance.

Lee

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly try by using following path.

IMG menu path Materials Management -> Logistics Invoice Verification -> Incoming Invoice -> Maintain Default Values for Tax Codes.

Regards,

Karna J

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you know standard SAP, then you should know that you cannot create a purchase order without material or material group.

The material group is mandatory, it either comes via the material master or is to be entered by the user. But without material group you will not be able to save a PO.

Without having solved this problem it is not even needed to think about the next problem with the tax