Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add events to Business Objects

praveen_hannu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We are working with workflows, for one of object Notification, business object BUS2080, we want to trigger an event after change of certain fields.

Since standard BO does not cater for change, we would like to explore other alternatives to solve this.

Appreciate your kind information and co-operation.

Thanks in Advance

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

You can delegate the BUS object and create a new Z one.

after that you Have to Create a Event as per your requirement.

1. Go to SWO1 and give Object as BUS2080

2. Select SubType from Tool buttons,

3. And provide  Object Type as ZBUS2080 and you can give the same name for Object name,

Name, Description, Program and Application would be '*'-Cross Application.

4.After select you will get a new screen with all information of BUS2080

5. Select 'EVENTS' and click new button from tools and create a new event.

Then the same event you have to Maintained in SWE2 T-code.

Since the event is customized one, so you have to trigger the workflow through the Coding.

for that you have to find a BADI or EXIT and based on your condition you have to call the below FM with workflow related parameters.

SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW

Regards.

Praveer.

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveer - I think the idea is to start the workflow using the event, so you would use the function module SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT. That's what you meant, right?

cheers

Paul

ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the Information, actually I did the configuration for SO Creation Process where i have used the Below Function Module to Trigger the Workflow Task.

FM: SWU_START_WORKFLOW

Regards.

Praveer.

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor

I have to agree with Paul on that, it's better to start the workflows using events, an event gives you a starting point for the workflow you can activate or deactivate them using SWE2 use starting conditions etc.     

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Go through below link ,

Trigger a Business Object Event - Code Gallery - SCN Wiki,

and if you want to add event to standard object then use object delegate to add event to bo object and link it with swe2 or swetypv.