cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master thesis topic for SAP BO User Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am Master students ,studying in Germany,currently i am writing my Master thesis in SAP BO with a company

My topic is related to operational concepts implementation in regards to SAP BO in an area of user management

In one excerpts of my Master thesis,I have considered as user management an area to explore.

Since,due to large number of users ,user management seems to get complex within a company so i would like to explain through an example business case study that have wrongly set up an user management and what it leads to a further complication.

and then i would like to explain further what can be right implementation.

Please,I request to give your inputs ,if any other recommendation please do not hesitate to give your comments

Note: I have also considered Lifecycle management as other area to work upon but since its so vast and i have time contraints so i would not be able to justify it fully.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

NGerman.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I would like to know user access/user management challenges faced during migration/upgrading SAP BO platform

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think a lot of Business Objects customers are using SAP BW nowadays as their Data Warehouse solution. BW contains already all authorizations. So my challenge was to keep as much authorizations in SAP BW (single source for administration) and use these BW authorizations in BO.

So the challenge:

- Keep the BO authorization concept as lean as possible

- Reuse the authorizations (=import roles) from BW (existing content roles for folder access, new dummy roles for specific use cases (i.e. Key user, developer, mobile user etc).

Good luck with your thesis!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear B.Vandenhende,

Thank you for a response

Does the BO authorization when kept lean does it helped or ease a migration/upgrading process later as well?

Regards,

NGerman

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

without wanting to sounds too discouraging, i'd rather recommend that you work with your tutor to determine and agree a thesis area that would play to your strengths.

i.e. where:
- you have knowledge & experience on the subject,
- you can write about the topic clearly & with authority, 
- your hypothesis is quantifiable & tests are measurable against a criteria,
- there are external resources available to support/disprove your findings,
- the topic will maintain your interest & enthusiam, in order to see it through to completion.

It could be that BO User/Identity Management is not a good fit ?

Regards,
H

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - I am not sure what kind/type of inputs you are looking for - but please see this SAP presentation from the ASUG 2013 BusinessObjects User Conference at http://events.asug.com/2013BOUC/BI%20Platform/8_26_13/0504%20Security%20Made%20Simple.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

I am looking for possible master thesis topic that i can write in user management area but not too technically