cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same environment for unified and classic model ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bpc gurus:

I m about to start a new bpc 10.1 project and i d like to know if I can manage my unified model and classic model in the same environment.

regards

mah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it’s can be installed on the same system.

Please go through the following link.

Shrikant

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Same system, but not the same environment

Vadim

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought user is refereeing environment for system landscape not for BPC environment.

May be I am wrong.

Shrikant 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim:

Thanks for answering, I was referring to BPC Environment.

So what If I need to use 0comp_code for planning (unified mode) and the same infobject for feeding my Entity dimension for consolidation (classic model), is that possible? is that the good practice in these cases?

Regards

mah

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think it's a good practice to use unified environment for planning and classic environment for consolidation. Data exchange between planning and consolidation will be the issue...

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the idea that the BPC environement is just one and inside there you can create a unified or classic model, so what's the best recommendation if we have BPC 10.1 over hana but the project is about planning and consolidation, use just the classic model for both?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"I had the idea that the BPC environement is just one and inside there you can create a unified or classic model" - incorrect!

Environment is a set of models that can be classic or unified. Inside on BPC 10.1 system you can have number of environments - some classic and some - unified.

Use unified environment if you have experience in IP.

In simple case - just use classic!

Vadim

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mah,

Yes, you can feed your Standard Env Dimension from BW InfoObject 0COMP_CODE similarly to how it was in 10.0. Standard Env will know nothing about same InfoObject being used in Embedded Env.

Regards,

Gersh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gersh:

So whats the best SAP practice about implementing planning and consolidation in the same system?

Unified Env for Planning and Classic Env for Consolidation? what about the data integration between those Envs ? Looks like it starts to create a mix of things when this is supposed to be simple.

Pls share your thoughts/experience about it.

Regards

mah

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mah,

Why do you want to use unified environment?

Why do you want to use classic?

Why do you want to mix things?

Vadim

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi m ah,

There are no best practices for planning and consolidation in same system because each case is unique.

Yes, consolidation can be done in Standard mode only, but planning can be done in either. Obviously you'll have a set of pros and cons with their weights. Some overhead of having 2 modes will be one of them. It's up to a discussion how much complexity it adds. If it's too much - go with standard mode.

Regards,

Gersh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim:

Here are my responses:

Why do you want to use unified environment?

I have to build some bpc models (income,cost,expenses) to make:calculations, manual input,formulas,FOX,etc.

Why do you want to use classic?

I have to make legal consolidation.

Why do you want to mix things?

I need to send data from unified environment to classic environment.

If I go for classic environment, can I use Hana Script to make some calculations?

regards

mah

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mah,

Can you please clarify what do you call Hana Script?

Regards,

Gersh

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Hana SQL Script.

So, based in what we have written here, I realize that I must use just the classic bpc environ.

regards

mah

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can call HANA SQL from BADI in Standard mode and from Custom planning function in Embedded mode.

So, this is not a differentiating factor.

Regards,

Gersh

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At least today the classic will be simpler to implement.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mah,

It all depends on the business needs and what you are trying to achieve.  One thing to understand is "Embedded" is heavily IT dependent, while "Standard" is mainly LOB oriented as explained in many articles.  You have to list out the real reason for using one over the other.  As you are already aware, Embedded is KF model and while Standard is Account model.  Also,  in Embedded ACTUAL data don't have to be brought to BPC cubes and it will be realtime, while in Standard you have to load that into a BPC Cube using DM package(PC).  Also Embedded has good Web interface using Design Studio 1.3+ while using Standard Web front is not good.  Also Embedded has Matrix Security, which Standard lacks.  In Embedded, no separate MDM is needed like Classic,which is a big relief.

Hope this helps...

JM

P.S:  Sales Planning works seemlessly well in Embedded.  Standard is good for Financial Planning "only".