Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Term Inspection Indicator update

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP,

We have a scenario in which we not do result recording and directly perform Usage Decision by giving code A-CR Accept under conditional release.Then we all activity covered we do Result recording and Usage Decision again.For that we activated Long Term Inspection indicator due to which we able to do record the result after UD also.But now we have a issue that we already created inspection plan for all material in past,in which we didn't activate Long Term Inspection.So i want to know how i can activate long term inspection indicator in inspection plan at a time for all .As now i am dong manually.How i can activate Long term Inspection in same plan with out changing in original MIC.

Regards,

Asif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asif,

As far as I have understood the issue, you are now activating "long term" control indicator manually. And you do not wish to make any change in the Original MIC.

I believe that there is no other way to resolve this issue, unless we make a change in the MIC, and then the 'long-term' indicator is pulled in to the inspection plan automatically.

I have one more point to suggest. If any change in MIC is creating a new version of MIC, then even if you make change in the control indicator for "long-term', this new MIC version needs to be picked in your inspection plan too. Isn't it correct?

Now, I think if the change is reflected under the previous version of MIC only, then there is no major issue. You still get below choices to update the MIC.

a) Update the MIC with the control indicator for "Long-term" control indicator. Based on the no of records, you can select if you can manually do it or you should create a BDC to do this activation.

b) You can use the appropriate "Preset Indicator" in the MIC by looking into the table TQ27-LZEITKZ.

You can do it also either manually or through a BDC, based on the number of records you have.

c) Else you can create new MIC and replace it in the inspection plan by using QS27.

Please check and confirm.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Arijit,

Thanks for you Helpful Input,

I have checked the process in different situation.

1) If i  activted the Long Term Controal indicater directly in QS23 it will not effect in the execting inspection plan & also in inspection Lot because the Version get change.

2)If i  activted the Long Term Controal indicater directly in execting inspection plan(QP02) it will display the same in inspection lot which already created.

Let me know is there any effect if the status is Complete copy module or Incomplete copy module.

How should i process? As i need to do changes in MIC which attached to inspection Plan, so that it will not effect the MIC which are created by QS21.Because Its clear that if i activate Long Term Control indicater in Inspection Plan MIC, it will directly refelect in Inspection lot.So in this why no need of creation New MIC Vresion or Inspection Plan.

How table TQ27-LZEITKZ will help me Out. At present i have all the inspection plan & MIC detail in which i need to activate Long Term Control indicater.

Regards,

Asif Saiyed

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asif,

TQ27-LZEITKZ - This table has some of the applicable combination for characteristic controls, which we use for creating a Qual or Quan MIC. We normally tend to not use it, and manually maintain MIC's. This is just a SAP feature I have explained above, in case if you do it that way, rather than manual maintenance. If your required keys are missing form the available F4 values, you can create your project-specific one for data migration purpose.

I believe even if you are using MIC's as "Incomplete Copy Model" or "Complete copy Model" you can use either of them in your inspection plan, and can change the values, like tolerance ranges, activate LT inspection indicator, etc directly there for both. Updating this indicator in the inspection plan will not change the As-Is behavior of the parent MIC.

In case if you change MIC and update in the same version, I think then also you may need not change anything in the inspection plan. Only if you create a new MIC version after adding this LT indicator, you may need to make an update of the inspection plan.

Please can you double check this process in sandbox and confirm the behavior.

NOTE: When an inspection lot is created, it checks the MIC control indicators form QPMK table activated at that point of time and pass on the control values to PLMK table. In case if you are now changing values in QPMK-STEUERKZ, these changes will not be reflected in PLMK table. So for already created inspection lots which are not result recorded yet, will still behave as per the previous records attached to them. There will not be any impact.

Please can you also refer some fantastic knowledge documents available with us:

=> Thanks Craig S

=> Thanks  Anupam Kumar

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member201849
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asif

My suggestion is to create BDC for QS23 and check the long-term inspection. Update all the MIC in flat file and upload. Take the help of abaper for creating BDC.

Regards

SURESH.M

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I not want to Update in original MIC, I just want to update in the MIC which attached to inspection Plan.As our MIC are created with Incomplete copy Model to we update in inspection plan the indicator.So i can do changes for multipal inspection Plan.

former_member201849
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asif

If you do any modifications in MIC and save. Then that MIC will automatically gets update in the inspection plan also. Once try this

Regards

SURESH.M

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

QS27 - Replace master inspection characteristic in plan

Regards

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Do-Wook Kim,

Can you explain how QS27 will help out to change MIC which attached in inspection plan.I want to change in multiple inspection plan.We use Incomplete copy module.How i can do changes in MIC for existing inspection plan.Individual Inspection i am able to do.