SPM 3.0 - Bye Bye cache clearing and Many new features with latest SP of POASBC + Notes 2100185 and 2087644
There are many new features enabled with latest POASBC SP and sNOTEs 2100185 and 2087644
- Bye bye Cache clearing - earlier it was mandatory for every business user to clear his browser cache whenever a new Patch/sNote is released from SAP, but now it is not required. User can simply close his already open window and open the application fresh and the new archives will be loaded
- Customized Logo in the application as well as PDF printing - Now can have your customized logo in application as well as in the PDF when you print it. Steps for the same are provided below.
- Activate the SICF service /default_host/sap/poa/sbc/public/logo in your ABAP system.
- Place the logo in MIME repository (preferably under PUBLIC folder so that every user has access) in SE80 transaction
- Enter the MIME repository path of logo in ABAP table /POA/CONFIG_INFO
- CONFIG_KEY = pp-logo-service-url
- CONFIG_VALUE = <MIME path>
- Enter the SICF url through your WebDispatcher in the ABAP /POA/CONFIG_INFO
- CONFIG_KEY = pp-branding-url
- CONFIG_VALUE = http(s)://<WebDisp_Host>:<WebDisp_Port>/sap/poa/sbc/public/logo
- Customized Email link - If you have a Single SSO enabled corporate portal setup which do not require end-users to enter userId/Password, email links from SPM 3.0 can be made to skip that password prompt which is present right now. Steps are given below... (please remember that after these settings, notification links in the application "My Messages" would also open in new window only)
- Download and Install the latest POASBC-BUINW from Service market Place (Please sort by Last Changed in SMP to find the latest... You should find the one changed in this week).
- Create the Generic iView according to the steps given in http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-portal/blog/2012/05/14/iview-with-dynamic-parameters-in-url-for-netweaver-portal-73
- But the URL Template should be http://<WebDisp_Host>:<WebDisp_Port>/sap/fcprt?app-config=spm<SPMDynamicParameter>
- Generate the Priview option which should open the iView, copy the URL and append "SPMDynamicParameter" to it and save it in a Notepad for future usage.
Goto ABAP Backend and Edit the table /POA/CONFIG_INFO table to create a NEW table entry
- CONFIG_KEY = pp-custom-url-SPM
- CONFIG_VALUE = <URL that is copied to Notepad in the above step>
- Perform the steps of SPM 3.0 Installation guide = 3.5.3 Configure Deep Linking for Alerts but with the above copied Notepad URL.
- Restart the scheduler in Analysis Administration (Note 1971881) and restart the application to use the Send feature