cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANSI C Compiler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install content server and apache in my aix5.3 server. In our system, there is a gcc compiler installed by the ex-staff. However, due to the pre-requiste for content server with apache, ANSI C compiler is needed to compile the apache source code. My question is, how do we change the default compiler to ANSI C which we had just install. During compilation, it still use the gcc compiler. Is there are file or env setting that we need to change so that the ANSI C compiler take effect ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Under which directory can i find setup.sh inorder to run it. By the way, im not sure where is the default directory of my ansi compiler. is it /usr/vac/bin/xlc ?

Regards

Lauran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You may have 2 compiler interfaces -

- /usr/vac/bin/xlc

- /usr/vac/bin/cc.

xlc is ANSI C

Try to locate using

find . -name "setup.sh" -print

Cheers

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Suggest setup an alias

For instance, in my system, if I have to switch to a different compiler, I do the following -

source /usr/spac/sparcompiler/default

setup.csh

This "source" c ommand will allow you to set the compiler to cc and also sets the "man" pages..

You should locate where the ansi c compiler path is located in your system and give this path after the source command

You can also add the above 2 lines in your .profile file, so that this compiler is available permanent whenever you login next time

Hope this helps

Cheers

Senthil