Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plant deleted

former_member186967
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I have created 5 plants in development server with a same transport request. In the same TR I have deleted a plant by mistake. TR is not released. How should I Undo the deleted plant. This is a roll out project. The plant deleted is existing from so many years.

Please help me.

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

In the same TR I have deleted a plant by mistake.

Are you saying that you deleted the plant from the database in the dev server, and then transported that deletion?

Or, are you saying that you deleted the plant entr(ies) from the transport?

Does the plant still exist in the dev server?

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member186967
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49

I have deleted the existing plant in the Dev server by mistak in a transport request. In the hurry I have recreated the same plant within the same transport request. So If I move the TR any problem will come ???

Ramesh

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

There is no standard way for undo in sap, you can try with the following possibilities.

1. You can do client copy if the same data is available.

2. You find the changes by referring Change Log (if Log sets in your system) and do reset up.

3. Check the change from TR refer by View maintenance and do reset.

The best way is client copy.

Regards,

Karna J

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I cannot agree to make a client copy if one deleted a plant by mistake.

You are usually not alone in a system, And an uncoordinated client copy will just erase all work which is not yet transported to production. I do not know what your environment is, but replacing a development client by a client copy is something that happened just twice  in my SAP career and it was not just done from now to then, it was well planned months ahead of the event. It is a project that requires hundreds of man days to coordinate

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How you have deleted that plant ? Is it only from OX10 or anything else ?

former_member186967
Participant
0 Kudos

yes from ox10

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the plant is available in other client, then just create the entry again in OX10 manually by copying the all data from other client. Then check all the assignment like as with company code and with purchase organization. Have a look into the existing similar thread

former_member186967
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to do the following. Please suggest me if it is wrong.

I have created 4 plants and deleted 1 plant in the same request. Now I will delete the 4 plants which I have created in the same request and I will keep the TR like that.

Now i will create the same 4 plants in another TR and move to quality.

I will warn to hold the old TR not to move.

Ramesh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just nonsense, this does not bring your old plant back, and adds even more danger to your system.

It is quite possible to copy entries from one TR to another TR, No need to delete even more plants to get another TR..

It is as well possible to remove entries from a TR.

You can find plenty material on that in SCN, this is not MM specific. Best you talk to your inhouse transport coordinator or Basis Admin they usually know it .

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.. In that process, system will remove the plant (which you have deleted earlier) in target system after transport the TR.

You have to create it again. TR will not just transport the new things. TR will transport the table data.

Suppose you have 10 plants, Now you have created 4 extra plants and deleted 1 plant.

So in your system you have 13 plants. Now you have deleted the 4 plants newly created plants.

So now you have 9 plants in your system. You want to keep the TR (with 9 plants) as it is with status unreleased.

Now you have created 4 extra plants and create a new TR and you want to transport the new TR to target system. After transport, system will transport only 13 entries (9 existing + 4 New) because your current table has the data of 13 plants.

You will not be able to see the deleted 1 plant in target system.