Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile workshop scenario

former_member223813
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have got a new requirement of mobile workshop.

when ever a vehicle is on the go and it breaks ,client has a mobile workshop having 2 people(always rotating could be any person) in it and some spare parts wich goes to broken vehicle and repairs and come back.

Now we have already configured 3 order types breakdown,2.normal 3.preventive.

and each person is a workcenter.

Now i need your advice here how can we map this scenario.

Thanks & regards

MZI

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Based on your description of the scenario.

As soon as the information received at service station (plant) about the vehicle breakdown.

Mobile personal should get a notification by communication method i.e. by telephone or handheld device / SMS considering mobile persons on site / roaming out of the workshop.

As soon as they fix up the job and come back to base station / Plant.

The same notifications need to convert in to order and post the actual materials and work hours booked.with subsequent business process like billing (considering customer vehicle) or settlement (considering own vehicles)

hope this will give a overview of scenario for mobile workshop scenario.

Thanks,

Rahul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are few things has to be considered to map this scenario in SAP and need more business process information. ..Since you have the individual work centre for technicians and I think process is so easy. Example Mobile workshop operative expenses (Petrol consumption, Time and Driver etc) about reaching the brokedown location to repair.

If you exclude the mobile workshop then I would say that , you can map this process through existing process inclusion of mobile technology (PDA device).Let us say the planner would assign the work to respective person (based on availability) work center through new notification. Once it is released this notification information would go to their PDA device and resources able to see their assignment (work centre and device ID mapping will be required) . Immediately they will fly with mobile van to that location to repair the vehicle. Even  they can create the breakdown order through PDA device and process to complete it (assign the respective spares, times , confirmation etc)  Once they finish the operation then all the information would reach to SAP through Synchronisation from PDA device.

As per my suggestion , you can go with SAP MRS & MAM module implementation or simple sybase technology implementation  to send the data to PDA device. Basically SAP MRS/MAM is complicated process and does not fit for small business.

Regards,

thenna

former_member223813
Contributor
0 Kudos

Any advice