Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Not getting split based on profit center

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am just trying to understand the concept of document splitting. as per my under standing we can use this function to draw financial statement based in different criteria. for example we can draw profit and loss based on profit center but if we also want balances sheet to be developed on profit center then we need to activate document splitting based on profit center. am i right? if so then u have following settings for document splitting. i have set document splitting characteristic as profit center. now when i post a vendor invoice through FB60 i gave cost center at line item level through which profit center is driven. now system should do active split and assign the same profit center in vendor line item as well so that will be updated in balance sheet G/L. But when i view posted document through FB03 in G/L View there is no profit center or cost center assignment in any line item. could any one please guide me in this. if i am understanding the concept right and where am i making mistake due to which active split is not being executed.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

In addition to configurations already mentioned, also check if you have activated the FIN_PCA as a scenario for New GL for all your ledgers. You can check that under the below path:

IMG>Financial Accounting (New)>Financial Accounting Global Settings(New)>Ledgers>Ledger>Assign Scenarios and Customer Fields to Ledgers

regards

Sanil Bhandari

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you setup the right parameters in customizing, like document type, account, category type and other, for the document you can view with more detail.

Ex: For the 4.6 version or in the entry view for the 6.0 version, you can post the document below:

PK      GL account     Amount      Profit center

31      210000000     100,00        Test1

31      210000000     100,00        Test2

40      430000000      200,00       

In the entry view, you won't see the lines splitted and the program will do a sum of lines with 31 posting key and the profit center will filled in blank.

PK      GL account     Amount      Profit center

31      210000000     200,00       

40      430000000      200,00       

But in the GL view the same post will stay like this:

PK     GL account     Amount      Profit center

31      210000000     100,00        Test1

31      210000000     100,00        Test2

40      430000000     100,00        Test1

40      430000000     100,00        Test2

The lines will appears according you posted and will spplited the expenses and vendor's lines because according the configurations in the document splitting, i.e document type, category type

will customized to split works.

I.e, if the GL accounts are not configured, splitting won't works. With this view, you can split the profit center, business area, segment, funds (but you'll have to use another totals table).

if your document splitting is active, please post a document and before saving, simulate General Ledger. You'll see the part of configurations.

To increase your knowledge, please read more about it in the 1085921 - Document split note.

JPA

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is what i was looking to clarify. if i have configured the document splitting right then following will happen.

Vendor Invoice Posted

Expense Account Debit     1000     CC01     PC01

Vendor Account   Credit     1000

Now i have configured document splitting on profit center basis. When i view the document in G/L view the system should populate the co assignments in vendor line item as bellow.

Expense Account Debit     1000     CC01     PC01

Vendor Account   Credit     1000                  PC01

Am i right?

Regards,

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

Yes you are right. The account assignment will inherit from it base document.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member184878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes you are right. Now you have prctr information on GL account.

Maybe my example will help you.

GL View:

SAP screen shot.

Data entered in Excel with some notes:

Documentation available for free:

SAP Marketplace

I not 100% sure but I think 6 part are available.

all the best Erwin

former_member229024
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Yaqoob,

While New GL Documnet splitting functionality supports drawing Fin.statements below company code level i.e.Profit Center or Segment level, user need to do basic config steps like:

1. Make Doc splitting active for the company code

2. Assigning the Profit center update scenario to Ledger(s)., zero balancing etc..

3. Defining Item Category for GL accounts.

4. Assigning Doc.types to SAP provided std. transaction type/variants

5. And defining the base item categories for the active doc split.

As there is much more to doc splitting configs - you can also view the sap provided oss note for the above config. settings, hope this provides heads up.

Cheers,