Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between complete manually and logically delete

mohammadaamir_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to stop few workflows as it is not required anymore and it is lying in user inbox. Which approach i should use?

I checked in DEV and when i am giving workflow as 'complete manually' (not the work item, but workflow), it is not asking for any output decision and setting the workflow as completed and logically deleting last work item which was lying in user inbox.

When i am giving workflow as 'Logically delete' (not the work item, but workflow), then also it is not asking for any output decision but setting the workflow as logically deleted and logically deleting last work item which was lying in user inbox.

I referred below link but i as i said while setting work flow as complete Manually, it has not asked for any decision to take.

http://scn.sap.com/community/bpm/business-workflow/blog/2013/01/14/how-to-logically-delete-workflows

Please suggest, should i logically delete workflow or complete manually.

Thanks

Aamir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case - where the workflow is simply no longer required - you should logically delete it.

If you manually complete a step, then another step may appear, background updates may occur etc...

cheers

Paul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

egor_malov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Mohammad ,

I think this decision is crucial at workitem level (because it affects further behaviour of the workflow). At workflow level it seems less important - whatever you choose, you get the workflow instance that is no longer active.

I would make my choice based on the real life state of things: if the underlying business processes somehow got completed beyond the system, the workflows should be completed and vice versa.