cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check is not happening for TAQ item category in static BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem, I am trying to do a scenario for static BOM in sales order. 

I have crated the following material

Qty in BOM

System-01-              1

Montior-01                1

CPU-01                    2

I am using ERLA for material " system-01 in the material master.  When I am creating the sales order  , the bom is getting exploded.  But when I wanted to manage stock  for the header material  the availablity check is always showing  confirm quantity  irrespective of the  quantity I am entering in the sales order.

I have  checked by removing entire stocks for system . Still the system is showing  always confirm quantity in the schedulines  TAB   irrespective of the quantitty I am entering .

the scheduline category is CP

Is this the correct behaviour of  TAQ item cateogry or  something wrong which I am missing.

Kindly guide me.

Thanks,

Kumaresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kumaresh,

In short your availability check is off.

Not only at schedule line category level but also, it should ON at Requirement class level as well.

Requirement Class you can get from requirement Type. (Req Class assign To Requirement Type)

Check your requirement Type From order Overview screen Procurement TAB.

Remember Below Golden Rules, Which will help you lot.

"When the transfer of requirement is switched on at requirement class level, it can be switched off at schedule line level. However you can't switch on the TOR and AC at schedule line level, if it is switched off at requirement class level."

It means TOR and AC will perform then only, if it is switched ON at requirement class too.

Requirement class is the trigger point here.

Hope this will work for you.

Thanks..

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kumaresh,

Check the MRP2 view of your material. What are the production/procurement times maintained there?

In your scope of availability check, is 'Check without RLT' ticked or not ? If not ticked then maintain RLT time in MRP view of mmr.

Regards

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are mentioning about Requirement class or requirment type . for CP it is already switched on at Scheduline Category level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apologies, it is requirement class.

Thanks for confirming that at SLC level, AvC is turned on.

Please check the AvC at Requirement class level.

You can get the requirement type from Sales Order (Procurement tab). You can check in SPRO to which requirement class this requirement type is assigned.

Check in that requirement class if AvC is on.

Awaiting your response

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks,

For your reply.

If its is ERLA , then the header material should be stock managed.  and also The header material will be available for   determining MRP.

My problem is ,  even when there is no stock  for the header material  the confirm quantity on the schedulines tab in sales order is  showing the  order quantity .

It should not be right. the confirm quantity should show zero or the stock which was available on hand. 

My doubt is there any problem in the availablity checking rule or  what is the behaviour for item category  TAQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, please check if Requirement type has AvC switched on. I hope that for CP, it is already switched at Schedule line category level.

Awaiting your response in this regard.

Regards

SD

Message was edited by: Samier Danish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you use TAQ and what is the MRP type in the matertial master?

Also check your Strategy group.

BR

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you are making header material as stock-managed? It shouldn't be.

System-01 comprises of Monitor-01 & CPU-01 and these components must be stock managed.

Regards

SD