Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool getting deleted after Abort message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My report is creating spool when I am running in background mode, after message having type E/ S/ W.

But when I change my system message to 'A' '(Abort), the spool is not getting created.

Does the spool fails to generate after abort message?

Thanks & Regards

Akshay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

archanapawar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

Read the documentation on Messages in Background jobs:

• Messages of type "E" and "A" are written to the log. A check is then performed and if applicable, the message is handled with error_message. If this is not the case, the message is also written to the log with message number 564 of the message class 00 and current background processing is interrupted, whereby a message of type "A" executes a database rollback. When the message is processed, background processing is continued.
3 REPLIES 3

archanapawar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

Read the documentation on Messages in Background jobs:

• Messages of type "E" and "A" are written to the log. A check is then performed and if applicable, the message is handled with error_message. If this is not the case, the message is also written to the log with message number 564 of the message class 00 and current background processing is interrupted, whereby a message of type "A" executes a database rollback. When the message is processed, background processing is continued.

0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Thanks a lot for your reply. For testing purpose, i have given commit statement before ABORT message. While the spool should contain 2 pages,but only first page is getting generated. Is this happening because of the message?

Thanks & regards

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Request you to help me on this issue.

Spool is getting created with status '+' when i am giving explicit commit before message type A. But only 1st page is getting generated in the spool, while i am expecting 2 pages.

Thanks & Regards

Akshay