Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip workflow step when user id is expired

sujana_koduri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am making user of some approvals for creating a material.During this process when workflow initiator trigger the workflow it goes for a sequence of approvals.

if one of the user id is expired the workflow step is encountered with Action overdue error.I need to skip the error when user id is expired.How to achieve this?

iF USERID EXISTS AND IF HE/SHE DOESNT APPROVE THEN ESCALATION MAIL WOULD BE SENT TO SUPERVISOR  WHEN DEADLINE IS REACHED .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"if one of the user id is expired the workflow step is encountered with Action overdue error.I need to skip the error when user id is expired.How to achieve this?"

First of all, an Action Overdue should not normally cause an error, it should simply escalate to the supervisor. What caused the error in the screenshot - what's the error message?

You can avoid choosing expired users as agents by changing your agent determination procedure to exclude expired users. How do you pick agents now?

regards

Rick Bakker

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This sort of errors (the user in the rule result is expired) happen from time to time, usually you simply provide the correct user in the rule and restart after error. however if you wish you can use a function module rule, in it call user regular rule (RH_GET_ACTORS), and if the user in the result is expired. go to his/her supervisor.

sujana_koduri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ronen,

Thanks for the reply.i have some reagrding ur solution.

1.how to pass correct user in rule and restart the workflow.?

regards,Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

"Passing correct user in the rule"--- it depends on the process to fetch the agent? Where you are maintaining agents in any Org.Unit or any custom table or any other. Based on that, you need to pass input data into the rule, then Rule will automatically fetch the correct Agent.

Search in SCN, you will get lot of info about how to use Rule.

If you have clear idea on agent determination via Rule, then take the error workitem from workflow log and restart it using Tcode SWPR.

Regards,

Murali Krishna.