Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice SAP BW

former_member223345
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I Have to Install SAP BW for  a new client. And I want to know what is the most stable version of SAP BW on a Relational database (oracle,MssQL,..)

Because I noticed that the latest versions of SAP BW are adapted to HANA.

Your help would be very greatful.

Best Regards,

RAFIK.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can be sure that SAP NetWeaver BW is a very stable product, it's approx. 15 years on the market and since 2000 I am working with it. I suggest to choose between release 7.3 with EhP 1 (a.k.a. 7.31) and 7.4.

If you go for a relational database (such as DB2 for LUW, Oracle or MS SQL), then release 7.31 would be a safe choice. If you go for HANA as in-memory database, then release 7.4 is the best choice.

Please have a look on the Product Availability Matrix for all possible combinations of SAP software, database and operating system.

Best regards,

Sander

former_member223345
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with you but I am in doubt of what to do. Because I want to take benefit of The latest release of SAP BW SP09 (eventually our client could migrate to HANA after three or four years), so it would be good to work with SAP BW 740 SP09.

My question now is what would be the risk of working with SAP BW 740 09 on a relationnal database?

And what is more stable SAP BW 740 SP08 or SP09?

N.B:  I had a very bad experience with SAP BW 740 SP02 on oracle ( I had to apply more than 30 OSS notes) and I dont want to have the same experience.

Best Regards,

RAFIK.

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My statement is that SAP is very careful when it comes to software logistics. Of course, BW release 7.4 is newer than 7.3 but released to customers a while ago. It's not anymore on SP02 but SP09 as you mentioned. Therefore I would expect that now it can be considered as a stable release.

An advantage of release 7.4 is indeed that it's more HANA compliant, i.e. there are major enhancements for HANA implemented in this release. From that perspective it could be a more future proof choice if the client considers to move to HANA in the next years to come. Actually, this would be my preference / advice.

Best regards,

Sander

former_member223345
Participant
0 Kudos

Thx for your help.

Answers (0)