Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP with Usage prob. for sub items> planned only for one SF items

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Experts ,

For  you kind advise….

Please check the below scenario to run MRP with sub items…

For FG A- I have  one component B.. for B I have one substitute C..C is not part of BOM..

We are planning to bring C in BOM as substitute using usage probability option…

As there a 1000+ items for us, it is difficult to set usage probability before running MRP so what we decide is to if there is stock in primary and sub..we will put usage as 100 %.. in BOM  in sortstrng field, I have mentions SUB for substitute items..

Our requirement is when run MRP for FG items, system should first check the stock of primary item>then check the stock of sub items> then planned order should be for primary item only …..

How to set it?  Thanks to help.

Regards,

Vijesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijesh,

Well, you can set the usage probability using any logic that you want; usage probability in the end is just another bit of Master data.  If you set it for '100%' for a particular alternate item, then MRP will explode all the demand to that material, regardless of the quantity of demand; and regardless of the amount of available stock for any of the possible alternate materials.

Our requirement is when run MRP for FG items, system should first check the stock of primary item>then check the stock of sub items> then planned order should be for primary item only ….

You can achieve that the planned order will always be for the primary item, as mentioned above,  However, there is no checking of stock during the BOM explosions in standard SAP MRP. If you need to achieve some kind of stock check during or immediately after BOM explosion in SAP ECC, it would require some kind of custom (self-made) solution.

There are planning engines that have functionalities that can meet this business requirement.  They don't exist in ECC.  Some do exist in APO; Capable-to-Match and Optimizer are two that come to mind.  In general, such engines iteratively try different planning solutions for each shortage, and use algorithms to determine which solution will be the one that actually generates the procurement proposal.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB9,

Thanks for the detailed explanation of the process..

Is there any solution in standard ECC for material substitution where by this kind of issues can be managed ?  we cannot use production verson or alternate BOM  to solve and that was the reason why we tried to use usage probability in BOM.

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijesh,

Not sure whether did you tried with Alternate Item Group functionality?

BR
KK

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

i tried the alternate group functionality and there i mentioned as below...

AltItemGroup    00

Priority        1

Strategy        2 100% check

Usage prob.     100

As i mentioned usage prob as 100 for primary and substitute items,system is creating 2 planned order for both these items..ideally i should get only one planned order ...is there any way to link primary and sub codes in ECC so that system will do a check for the stock of alternate codes before creating planned order for primary items..

thanks,

Vijesh

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijesh,

If you are giving 100% usage probability then obliviously system would consider both item to create

procurement proposals.

BOM Alternative Item can be used if you want to use both item with usage probability to 100% together or alternative to each other.

As DB already mentioned in ECC R/3 there is no provision to achieve your requirement but in APO or with Material substitute in AFS solution you may achieve your requirement.

BR
KK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

pls help..