Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

HTML Component - Binding issue

Hi folks,

I am trying to bind the HTML component content attribute with data returned from an OData service.  I made sure that the OData service returns url encoded content.  This fails however whatever I return ...

I changed it even into returning a fixed value:

Lorem ipsum

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet...

When I define my XML view like this:

<core:HTML id="dvm" content="{ValueMappingError/ContentValue}" preferDOM="false"></core:HTML>

I am getting the following exception thrown ( with our without any of the above extra attributes )

Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: &lt;div class=&quot;content&quot;&gt;&lt;h4&gt;Lorem ipsum&lt;/h4&gt;&lt;div&gt;Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet...&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/div&gt;

sap.ui.core.HTML.onAfterRenderingHTML.js:6

When I use the same content and add it as a fixed value in my XML view then this works fine .. and the control is rendered without any issues.

<core:HTML content='&lt;div class=&quot;content&quot;&gt;&lt;h4&gt;Lorem ipsum&lt;/h4&gt;&lt;div&gt;Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet...&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/div&gt;'></core:HTML>

There is clearly something going wrong in the event 'onAfterRendering' which makes me kinda believe that the actual content rendering worked ... but somehow it still breaks ...

I am using version 1.22

Any ideas ?

Kind Regards,

Steven

Former Member replied

When you're binding the content, you don't have to worry about replacing the special characters. Just set the data in the model as in normal HTML,

<div>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..</div>

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question