Input control issue - RWI 00011
I am facing issue in input control. I am using BO 4.1 SP3, but i've tested it on SP5 too with same result (no patches on both environments).
I have report with 1 table and i am using search input control (for example on column A) described in this blog http://blog.davidg.com.au/2012/04/search-field-input-control-in-webi.html and other multiple choise input controls (check boxes) on columns B, C etc.
When i schedule report, first time user opens it and uses search input control, everything is fine. User closes report, opens it again and uses search input control and nothing happen - table is not filtered at all, user cannot user check box input control. Issue is not present:
- after publishing new report instance (for the first time user runs report instance)
- when user uses check box input control first
- when user uses button to reset input control first (immediately after report instance is opened)
- when i change checkbox input control to non-multiple choice input control (ie radio button)
In addition when I use checkbox input control using variable, on second run of the instance and use of search input control, error RWI 00011 is poped up.
To test it you can follow these steps:
- create new webi report using eFashion universe (or you can use your own and replace columns)
- On query pane add these objects: Product -> Lines and Store -> City. Run query
- New table is created with two objects (Lines and City)
- Create new variable "Search City" using formula =""
- Create new variable "Search City Matchees" using formula =If Pos(Upper([City]);Upper([Search City]))>0 Then "Yes" Else "No"
- Add variable "Search City Matches" as third column in table
- Add table filter "Search City Matches" equals "Yes"
- Add input control using variable "Search City". Variable type is Input field and operator is Equals
- Add another input control using "Lines" object. Input control type is Check box, you can use default values and in dependencies use it on table block.
- Save report.
- Close report
- Schedule report to run now.
- Open report (open last instance)
- Use input field in input control and write ie "lora" (without quotas). Only Colorado Springs is selected.
- Close report without saving and open it again.
- Use input field in input control and write ie "lora" (without quotas). Filter is not applied.
To get RWI 00011 error performe these steps in addition.
- create variable "Lines var" using formula =[Lines] and add it to table as 4th column.
- create new input control using "Lines var" variable. Input control type is Check box, you can use default values and in dependencies use it on table block.
- Repeat steps 10 to 16.
Any idea how to solve this issue? Any workaround? Is this issue present on your environment?