cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP run should consider stocks in many plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

I read the thread regarding MRP run which considers stocks of two plantswith the help of special procurement key thanks for the solution

My query is, we have 10 plants and all Finished goods and Semifinished goods will be stored in all plants, but we will enter sales requirement of Finished goods only in one plant and will have stocks of their respective BOM items in all the other 9 plants, so while MRP run will it consider stocks of other plants i.e., more than one plant, have to link all the 10 plants together? 

With help of special prourement key is it posiible to link one Head Plant to 9 Sub Plants

With Regards

N.S.Balaji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

NS,

No, not in standard.  Special procurement keys support one supplying plant only.

Functionally, use of quota arrangements MIGHT satisfy SOME of your requirements,

Quota Arrangements - Master Data (PP-MRP-BD) - SAP Library

You could also consider custom development. Or, you could consider using an advanced planning system, such as APO.

Best Regards,

DB49

Asking Good Questions in the SCN Discussion Spaces will help you get Good Answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you DB49

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Though you can run MRP by scope of planning which can consider multiple plant, at the time of run system considers one plant at a time.

This is not possible in R/3 but possible in APO.

Regards,

Krishnendu.

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi N.S.Balaji,

As was mentioned by Dogboy, this is not possible in the standard SAP.

You could evaluate the creation of Storage Locations instead of plants.. So intead of having 10 different plants, you will have 10 different storage locations, all of them created for a single plant. Of course, this is not so simple.. you will need to evaluate if it can be done with your other teams: FI, SD, etc...

Kind Regards,

Mariano