Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data validation routines in BODS

srini_cnu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the Data validation routines in bods. how to write and where it use..

Regards

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

'Validation routines' can be developed with custom function.I hope this is what you are looking for.

Magesh

srini_cnu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Magesh,

@Thanks for reply

I am  Asking about  Data Validation Routine Concept. but above u r sending custom function.

i dont know this Routine concept using Data Services.

Tell full Concept of routines in Data Services

Regards

Srini

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I may need more information from you to provide a meaningful answer.What you want to achieve with "Data Validation Routine"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just below custom functions you have validation functions.

You can create new validation functions similar to custom functions and call these in validation transform (While adding validations in rule editor).

Typical examples all to validate data based on some rules and return flags 0 or 1. You just need to call this function in validation transform's Rule Editor.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Shesha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For data validation in a dataflow you can use the Validation transform. In the Validation transform there are validation options including using a validation function where the custom functions defined as validation function will come in handy.

Depending on your requirement there are a different ways to validate data. Do provide more details on where you are intending to perform validation in your job.

kind regards

Raghu