cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report with Shared Axist with no data still appears

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two reports on SAP BPC 10 and they share the same axis. I have found that even if the reports have no data they still show one line with the name of the top node with zeros. This is even if I have set the report to suppress zero and no values in the rows - is this normal?

That is does a report which has no data always show one line even if it is set to suppress rows if zero?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

Just tested...

Even if you suppress empty and zero values one line per report will be present. But the mentioned lines will be hidden!

Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting finding:

I have created 2 reports with shared page and column axis (with no data):

First report shows parent NETSALESADVCASH and children, second - parent 0 and children.

If I suppress zero and empty for rows using sheet options the result will be:

with hidden rows 8 and 9.

If I unhide rows:

I will see same parents for both reports!

The same picture will be if I suppress zero and empty rows individually for each report.

B.R. Vadim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

Please run Light optimization.

light optimization Closes the open request, compresses without Zero-Elimination and indexes the cube, and updates database statistics for the BW InfoCube.

for light optimization you refer below link

http://scn.sap.com/community/epm/planning-and-consolidation-for-netweaver/blog/2014/05/02/full-optim...

also check report specific options.If enable then from that option use suppress zero.

select report (default or 001) Edit report ==> options==> suppress zero

Regards

Sushant

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

Please test your solutions before posting! The topic author already tested the solution with suppress zero...

Leo, I think it's a limitation...

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vadim,

I know author tested suppress option but i am talking about the report specific option.I am telling to check report specific option not global options.

sushant

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but zero suppress is a report option!

"I have set the report to suppress zero and no values"

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim

Got your point Thank You.

Regards,

Sushant