cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Live content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have downloaded the HANA live below version  and It has been imported into Hana Studio there I got the 1018 calculation views.and used some views(Standard no customized) as per my client requirement.

SAP HANA LIVE RDS V5.10

Suppose, New version might be implemented in coming months and the package contains  around 1100 or more Cal views then i will be use this package that time.  What it is impact on used views due to this package imported??

Kindly reply and let me know any concerns?

Thanks.

Br,

Ed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dmitry_kuznetsov1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

With every new version of HANA Live content the previous models are overwritten without even prompting you about it.

The up-side is that a lot of bugs (hopefully) are getting fixed, so HANA Live content is very much alive and moving

On the down-side you are copying the views as they are in current version, saving it in your namespace (you shouldn't be allowed to change standard SAP HANA views delivered by SAP). Any updates that happen after that will not affect your existing models. This is both good (no overwrite) and bad (you do not get the fixes that might have happened after your version installation).

Hope this answers your question

Dmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

any suggestions please??

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edukondalu,

Could you please give me the steps you have followed to install HANA Live? I tried in google, but couldn't get the steps properly.

For your question, I don't think a new package will disturb the used ones. Anyway, we will have to copy the standard VDMs to a custom ones and then we should use them.

Regards,

Suman

Somesh_Dwivedi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

Sorry for delayed response. Normally you should copy the HANA Live content meaning VDM's in your package and then adapt it your needs if you want. This way if you import the latest HANA Live content, the previous content in your system will not be impacted.

Would appreciate if you could let us know which customer is this and have you already implemented HANA Live there?

Thanks,

Somesh

Somesh_Dwivedi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Please refer to the quick guide provided with SAP HANA Live RDS whIch describes the steps you need to follow to implement HANA Live.

You can download the quick guide from the central page of HANA Live RDS : https://service.sap.com/rds-shl.

Thanks,

Somesh