Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any Possible to show message when user entered particular Transcation Code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any Possible to show message when user entered into particular Transcation Code?

Ex: If a user typing SE24 t.code to enter into Class and method. After entered into the class screen(home page) I need to show a message as follows

"Hi Guys, Currently I am working in this Class, so please donot enter into this class".

Is this possible???

Kindly help me!!

Thanks in advance!!

/Siva Murugesan

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to ask the obvious question - why would you want to do that?

Cheers,

G.

0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your comments,

Currently, I am working in SAP Bank Analyzer module.,

If I want to change in module editor, I need to take new version of active version and we have to do our changes.

Ex: I have to do one changes in module editor, Active version is "01" I need to create new version "02" then only I can edit.  the problem is If any one want to do changes in same module, he has to create new version from 02 to 03. then only my changes will be there.

people are creating simultaneously more versions without old chnages.

I hope you understand the problem

/Siva Murugesan

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your SE24 example ... if another user is editing the class, you will not be able to edit it and SAP will give you appropriate message.

Do you have a specific requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

are you working on 'Z' t.code or standard ?

if it is z-- then you can do ... is it is standard you have check any enhancement points is there are not !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva ,

So far as I understand , the example of se24 that you provided doesn't describe your requirement bcz se24 is an standard tcode and sap will never allow two users to edit same class/method at the same time . One out of two user will definitely get the message that the class/method is being edited/locked by <user1> .

Now as your requirement is concerned , what I think is two users are able to create version 2 at the same time and when the 1st user saves the changes in version 2 , the 2nd user can overwrite the changes of version 2 bcz he saved this version 2 after the user 1 had already done . So the changes of user 2 will only get displayed .

No idea why sap has not provide the functionality to block the changes to be done in same version of module editor in SAP BANK ANALYZER MODULE but you can check for some some enhancement/exit and write your code there (for example, whenver a user tries to create a version pass this version number in memory id. When the 2nd user tries to create the same version , the memory id shud be checked first . In case that particular version which he wants to create is found in memory , give an error message.)

Regards,

Saddam