Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to find group ID created dynamically by an end user in an SAP FIORI Application ?

Hi Fiori experts,

I came across this very basic question.

Now I am asked to configure a Fiori Application where there is a requirement to create a group. I, being the admin do that quite easily by the launchpad designer as shown below.

I promptly pass that (Group Name and Group ID) to the basis person to have the group assigned to a particular user in PFCG and he does that.

What puzzles me is -> Say i have a business user who then creates a group on his own (has all the authorizations to create one) in a development system and then asks me to have that same group (with lots of applications) transported to Quality/ Production and have the same assigned to his 40-50 odd colleagues. How will i get this done ? Because when the user created a group on his own, there was no pop-up to enter a Group ID; so all i have is the group name nor is it visible anywhere in the PFCG role or in SAP GUI (to have it communicated to the basis person). And if i dont have this, how will i be able to assign the same to multiple users the group; that too, in a different environment.

Help is appreciated guys.

Vaibhav Deorukhkar

Tags:

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question