cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find group ID created dynamically by an end user in an SAP FIORI Application ?

0 Kudos

Hi Fiori experts,

I came across this very basic question.

Now I am asked to configure a Fiori Application where there is a requirement to create a group. I, being the admin do that quite easily by the launchpad designer as shown below.

I promptly pass that (Group Name and Group ID) to the basis person to have the group assigned to a particular user in PFCG and he does that.

What puzzles me is -> Say i have a business user who then creates a group on his own (has all the authorizations to create one) in a development system and then asks me to have that same group (with lots of applications) transported to Quality/ Production and have the same assigned to his 40-50 odd colleagues. How will i get this done ? Because when the user created a group on his own, there was no pop-up to enter a Group ID; so all i have is the group name nor is it visible anywhere in the PFCG role or in SAP GUI (to have it communicated to the basis person). And if i dont have this, how will i be able to assign the same to multiple users the group; that too, in a different environment.

Help is appreciated guys.

Vaibhav Deorukhkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

I think you have mixed up personalized group created by user and system group created by admin.

Each user can create own personalized group in the production system.

Regards,

Masa

0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki Sekihara,

The above two links are really helpful but i guess i was not clear enough to state my problem. The question is - If a user personalizes his launchpad (in development/quality environment) in a particular way and asks me to have the same customizations moved to Production; then i don't have the Group/Catalog ID to give to the security team to have it assigned to the user in Production Environment. How do i do that then ?

Thanks,

Vaibhav

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

End users just need to personalize only in the production system.

Please share your operation method and main reasons for setting personalize in the Dev system.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

0 Kudos

So the main reason for personalizing in the dev system is that Fiori is pretty much new to the client and wants to trial run it on the dev/QA system first before having that moved to production. Additionally, they would like to have the same customizations previously present whenever they log on to PRD. Hence, the reason why i posted this here as a query.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Users can set personalize in 3 min in the production system. I would take a simple solution.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG