Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement in IW31/IW32 Transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Am new to Enhancements in ABAP. I got an object in transaction IW31/IW32. My requirement is to add a custom field in 'Enhancement' tab with F4 help with values populating from a paramater table (say values are X,Y,Z). This field should be made mandatory and the value which user selects here should automatically populate in Item level  in 'Sort String(RESBD-SORTF)' field of Purchasing data in the 'Components' tab (this will be achieved by selecting the line item and clicking 'purchasing data' button in the 'Components' tab).

In 'Enhancement' tab , I have added a custom field with F4 help which I have done using Process On Value (POV) in that screen and values are populating (say X,Y,Z) and its made mandatory.

How do I achieve this functionality? I tried BADI IWO1_ORDER_BADI by creating a Z implementation and Break-point triggers in the method 'CHANGE_COSTRELEVNCY'. But I could not change the value of the field SORTF(Sort String) which is passed as it is IMPORTING parameter and not CHANGING parameter.

Am I wrong in this approach? Any Customer-EXITS which is available for this? or Do I need to go for Enhancement points? Please post ur suggestions. Will be appreciated

2 REPLIES 2

0 Kudos

Hello!

I just got the same requirement.

Were you able to make it work anyway?

Thanks...

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aravindh,

Try FM BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN where there is your field Sort string (SORT_STRING) in the structure BAPI_ALM_ORDER_COMPONENT. If the fm is properly used your issue should be addressed. You need to use BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT in sequence.

KJogeswaraRao