Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction of Org Management Infotypes for Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to restrict organizational management info types to Users

Experts throw some light on this

How would i configure general authorizations?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

How do you want to restrict as per user... Can you give an example..

e.g.

if you want to restrict user to display their,,, own structure.. only...

Maintain table :- T77PQ & select Object IT & opt Eval Path as O-S-P..& create authorization Profile ...

Finally assign that profile to User ID. .Table  T77UA

Regards,

Veeram..

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you should define your calendars and use them in your shift or what we call work schedule rules (WSR) in V_T508A. Here you have option to define different shifts and assign each shift to specific ESG, PSG. For each entry you can assign a calendar too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

If you want to restrict some employee to maintain OM Info types then you have to go with General authorization which is called as "Roles" and these are assigned in PFCG.

Authorizations are given to the roles with the help of Authorization Objects. for OM Info types will restrict through auth. object PLOG. Create a role in the t-code PFCG with object PLOG and give info types with various authorization levels like R W S.

If you don't have authorization to create a role and assigning to user then take the help of Basis consultant.

Best Regards,

Praneeth kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth

we can restrict Org Info types through structural authorization and not role authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, can tell how u done in the structural auth.

For ex- my client having 56 psa and total hr users are more than 150 users. Then i have to assign every user in the table T77PQ ? Every user having diff. authorizations. Can u tell how u done little specifically.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

You can achieve it through role based authorization. In that role you will give the read and write permission on those infotype which will be applicable for the user.

And then assign that role to user. Check with your basis consultant.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

We have two types of  authorization Role and Structural authorization.

Structural authorization is done by basis consultant I believe the requirement which iam discussing is general authorizations and it is done by sap hr consultants

Role is done by basis consultant

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you know you can or else your basis consultant is correct person to do this.

Regards,

Sankarsan

former_member194940
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Priya,

You can achieve this through structural authorizations, create a role and assign it your user and only those infotypes chosen will be authorized to your user.

Thanks,

Bhabagrahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can able to restrict authorization for positions and jobs in structural authorization

Is there any separate configuration for general authorization?

Former Member
0 Kudos

please let me know the steps to create a role

and assign it to user