Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Failed to insert update header" Error while saving or Activating Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am creating an ALV report, but while saving it, I am getting an error "Failed to insert update header" and program is getting exited while clicking over it.
Can anyone please let me know what might be the issue and how to resolve it.

Regards,

Salil B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all inputs, problem is solved, was related to BASIS issue.

Thanks,

Salil B

9 REPLIES 9

krishna_k19
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Salil ,

Are you writing any data base update or modifying the any standard table what if you are doing then use commit statement with wait also.

or are you trying to display any header data by using Commentary write , if using check the passing parameters data.

Regards,

Krishna

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I have not written a single code as of now, just created a selection screen and while saving, its giving this error.

Regards,

Salil B

0 Kudos

Hi salil ,

Can you post your code...

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

There is nothing to be posted as such, just a paramter has been declared.

Parameters: P_ID type char4.

Please also note that, I had created a pattern to add a flower box before making report, but then I had deleted it, I am not sure if the issue is coming for that reason.

Regards,

Salil B

0 Kudos

Hi Salil ,

Just save or copy your code into notepad and then relogin into system then check .

And don't activate directly with out checking the Program .

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried all ways possible, even when I am creating a new report and without writing a single code and saving it, gives the same Error. Strange

Thanks,

Salil B

0 Kudos

Check with basis guy (Administrator).

0 Kudos

Hi,

Have dubuged and found the error is coming from a standard report which is getting called after saving report : "RS_CALL_PROGRAMM_INDEX_DELTA" at Commit Work(Line 20) the error is thrown.

Have tried to execute the report manually and getting the same issue.
Please can you check this standard Report and let me know how to handle it.

Thanks,

Salil B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all inputs, problem is solved, was related to BASIS issue.

Thanks,

Salil B