Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

The two columns of requirement qty in component overview of subcontract

Hello gurus,

I have a question about components in subcontract. In the overview screen, there are two columns of requirement qty in the components list table. I am confused of the meanings of that.

As the screenshot below, there are two substitute components which are checked. Based on my understanding, there should be only one component reservation. But in MD04, the two substitute components both have requirement for this subcontract po.

Why this occur?

Thanks in advance.

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Dear Wayne,

1. There are two columns of requirement qty in the components list table...?

Field requirement qty (BDMNG - BDMNG ) is mainly using to capture the quantity of component required to produce the order in relation to the unit of entry, technically it is capture only quantity without sign activation in domain (MENG13).

Field requirement qty (BDMNG - CO_MENGEV ) is using for Quantity of the component that is needed to produce the order quantity, this quantity is based on the base unit of measure and technically the domain created with sign activation in domain (MENGV13).

2. SubReq in MD04..?

If the material maintain in BOM this will be treated as Requirements to be provided are independent requirements needed in subcontracting for material to be provided to vendor.

Hope it is clear...

Regards,

Karna J

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question