cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The two columns of requirement qty in component overview of subcontract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I have a question about components in subcontract. In the overview screen, there are two columns of requirement qty in the components list table. I am confused of the meanings of that.

As the screenshot below, there are two substitute components which are checked. Based on my understanding, there should be only one component reservation. But in MD04, the two substitute components both have requirement for this subcontract po.

Why this occur?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Wayne,

1. There are two columns of requirement qty in the components list table...?

Field requirement qty (BDMNG - BDMNG ) is mainly using to capture the quantity of component required to produce the order in relation to the unit of entry, technically it is capture only quantity without sign activation in domain (MENG13).

Field requirement qty (BDMNG - CO_MENGEV ) is using for Quantity of the component that is needed to produce the order quantity, this quantity is based on the base unit of measure and technically the domain created with sign activation in domain (MENGV13).

2. SubReq in MD04..?

If the material maintain in BOM this will be treated as Requirements to be provided are independent requirements needed in subcontracting for material to be provided to vendor.

Hope it is clear...

Regards,

Karna J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karna,

1. I have checked the domain of two requirement qty, they are both MENGV13. Specifically, one is MDPM-ERFMG(component type:CO_MENGE  domain:MENGV13), the other is RF61Q-BDMNG(component type:CO_MENGEV  domain:MENGV13).

2. I mean that these substitute components should only have one material requirement. Because the usage probability of them is 0 and 100%. But in our system, these two components both have requirement quantity for the same subcontract po in MD04.

Thanks.

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Wayne,

1. You have seen wrongly it seems, kindly check the domain from MDPM-BDMNG and RF61Q- BDMNG .

2. Kindly check Include external requirement setting and additional requirement setting for MRP type through OMDQ transaction.

Regards,

Karna J

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Karna.

I found the reason. A user-exit changed the field of MDPM-BDMNG, but not changed the MDPM-ERFMG accordingly.