Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Processing Rules - HR Renewal

former_member103130
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have activated some of the standard "Dynamic Processing Rules" for HR Renewal.

For example: MAINTAIN_CHILDREN

This should pop-up IT0021 subtype "2 - Child" when the field ANZKD is filled in with a value bigger then "0".

However this rule isn't processed when changing this data in HR Renewal. It gives the message "Date saved sucessfully" and goes back to the Employee Profile page.

Are there any elements or notes that need to be activated?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andreas_reeb
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

the "Dynamic Processing Rules" are only available for Personnel & Organization' component of HR Renewal and not for the ESS and MSS components.

So that means the "Dynamic Processing Rules" are only evaluated and processed by the Master Data Application and by Processes based on roadmap form.

Best Regards,

Andreas

former_member103130
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your input. I noticed the same just after asking the question.

It is working now.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where are you changing the information? Do you have a roadmap form/process set up that uses the DPR?

former_member103130
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am changing the information via the landing page of ESS in HR Renewal. In the chip "My Info" I use the employee profile tile to access the employees data. Then I choose to access the part of "Personal Data" and I go into change mode.

I thought it was not necessary to have a roadmap form/processes if you are just changing a single infotype? Or am I wrong in this?

I have used the following SAP link to activate the standard dynamic processing rule:

Maintaining Dynamic Processing Rules - Dynamic Processing Rules - SAP Library

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From your link, have you read this section (looking at the subsection for "trigger" and making a DPR active/inactive)?

Dynamic Actions and Dynamic Processing Rules - Dynamic Processing Rules - SAP Library

former_member103130
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have used the standard dynamic processing rule "MAINTAIN_CHILD' so I hope that SAP got his triggers correct.

For the activation I have used the rule manager to let it first check the rule and then by pressing the activate button. It is now in status active so this should do the trick (I thought).