cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error starting CMS service SAP Business Objects 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

After a power cut SAP BusinessObjects stopped working. I've checked the services and the CMS is not working. I recreated the node and verified the database connection, CMS still stopped.

I Executed CMS.exe via command-line and displays this message.

*** ERROR => CTrcOpen: fopen CMS_ncs.trc

---------------------------------------------------

trc file: "CMS_ncs.trc", trc level: 1, release: "720"

---------------------------------------------------

M

M [Thr 4896] Tue Dec 23 16:51:00 2014

M [Thr 4896] NCS trace timer thread is successfully triggered

M [Thr 4896] Trace dispatcher thread is successfully triggered

M

M [Thr 4896] Tue Dec 23 16:51:01 2014

M [Thr 4896] NCS data timer thread is successfully triggered

M [Thr 4896] Data dispatcher thread is successfully triggered

M [Thr 4896] NCS library version 2.3.8 (unicode) loaded

M [Thr 4896] NCS_ProcInit API invoked

M

M [Thr 4696] Tue Dec 23 16:51:06 2014

M [Thr 4696] ***LOG Q0I=> NiBufIConnect: connection pending after 500ms: connec

t (10035: WSAEWOULDBLOCK: Resource temporarily unavailable) [nibuf.cpp 4634]

M [Thr 4696] *** ERROR => NiBufIConnect: non-buffered connect pending after 500

ms (hdl 1;127.0.0.1:59818) [nibuf.cpp 4645]

M [Thr 4696] *** ERROR => NI raw handle failed to be initilized for the first t

ime, connection to agent destination failed to be established in agent 1 [ncsmt

datasen 136]

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan

After starting the SIA, can you immediately check cms.exe in the task manager appears and it kicks off immediately ? If so, can you check the virtual memory settings in the BO server machine.

former_member223074
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Srikar,

We are facing the exact issue in BO4.1 SP2 and below are the logs

error_cms6400

35101The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: The server has problems using TCP/IP. The port number you are using is probably already in use.).

SIA_TPCBOBJ_trace.000001

Server Intelligence Agent: CMS <ServerName>.CentralManagementServer has failed and the Server Intelligence Agent has not been able to connect to the cluster. Please verify your CMS port and database settings are correct.

cms_TPCBOBJ.CentralManagementServer_ncs

M  [Thr 9476] *** ERROR => NI raw handle failed to be initilized at IDEL to CONNECTED, connection to agent destination failed to be established  in agent 1 [ncsmtdatasen 137]

M  [Thr 9476] NCS_ProcExit API invoked

We tried all the steps 1 - 5 indicated by K Rahul Rao Dec 30, 2014 6:57 AM but couldn't get the CMC back up.

Any pointers will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

did you find a solution about this issue we are facing the exact same errors.

best regards

Hannes

former_member223074
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hannes,

Sorry, we could not figure out a solution. We had to do a fresh install.

Thanks,

Anil

onkarvelhals
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Please recreate the SIA on this server then reboot it.

You can use the steps from SAP KBA: 1542578 - How to Recreate Server Intelligence Agent (SIA)?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Onkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CCM -> SIA Properties -> Configuration tab are there any error messages? Does the db retrieve the clustername?

When you start SIA does an sia.exe cms.exe pop up in the "processes" tab of task manager?

Any messages in the logs of sia.exe or cms.exe regarding a .llr and a .dfa file?

-sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

- In CCM -> SIA Properties -> Configuration tab are there any error messages? Does the db retrieve the clustername?

There are no error messages and yes it retreives the clustername.

- When you start SIA does an sia.exe cms.exe pop up in the "processes" tab of task manager?

There is sia.exe in the task manager, but no a cms.exe.

- Any messages in the logs of sia.exe or cms.exe regarding a .llr and a .dfa file?

Yes, there is a message log for sia.exe

Log Name: Application

Source: Server Intelligence Agent

Date: 12/29/2014 10:51:17 AM

Event ID: 4096

Task Category: Error

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: server-sap.espalsa.local

Description:

[Node Name: SERVER_SAP]

[User Name: SERVER-SAP$]

Server Intelligence Agent: CMS SERVER_SAP.CentralManagementServer has failed and the Server Intelligence Agent has not been able to connect to the cluster. Please verify your CMS port and database settings are correct.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Server Intelligence Agent" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">4096</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>5</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-12-29T14:51:17.000Z" />

<EventRecordID>565632</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>server-sap.espalsa.local</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>[Node Name: SERVER_SAP]

[User Name: SERVER-SAP$]

Server Intelligence Agent: CMS SERVER_SAP.CentralManagementServer has failed and the Server Intelligence Agent has not been able to connect to the cluster. Please verify your CMS port and database settings are correct.

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

There are two files name as sqlrule.llr & sqlrule.dfa in the following directories:

- C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64

- C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\platform.services.cms.cpp.dbcheck-4.0-core-64\14.0.4.738

I'd really glad if you can help me, thanks in advance.

- Jonathan.

former_member249128
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

I'd suggest trying this.

1. Reboot your server machine.

2. Stop your SIA and go to its Properties.

3. Under Configuration tab >> CMS System Database Configuration, Click on Specify.

4. Follow the steps to re-point to your CMS database.

5. Once done, try starting the SIA and see the behavior.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

The files are there... usually these 2 files go missing resulting in the same problem that we're facing here.

One other question, have you provided any ports to your SIA and CMS other than the default ones?

What I noticed in the configuration tab screenshot is that the SIA port is set to 6400.

Usually, the CMS defaults to 6400 while the SIA defaults to 6410.

Right now the SIA is set to port 6400. You could check the "Startup" tab in SIA properties to see what port has been assigned to your CMS.

IF these are the same, would recommend you to change the SIA port to 6410.

-Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K Rahul Rao,

I restart the server and doesn't work. Apparently the SIA was started with a user without privileges. I can enter without password to the CMC, but it's empty any object like reports and universes are gone and still unable to enter to the BI Suite.

Regards.

former_member249128
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If that's the case, only option I could think of to get everything working is that you'd have to restore the backup of the database from a time when the system was working fine.

0 Kudos

See if you are seeing the correct cluster key because i think you have pointed the system to a blank schema(DB)

Ensure that the DB user credentials are correct

The data doesn't just disappear unless some other DB or Blank Db is where its pointed to.

Also as Rahul has mentioned, ensure that the DB and file store backup are in place for rollback/precautionary measures.

-Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

I've changed the port for the SIA and the CMS and I can log in, in the Manager server Module this is display, it should shows all the servers.

I try to restore a .biar file, but the process shows an error:

Import file parsing exception occurred : 'The kind 'FullClient' does not exist in the CMS. (FWM 04030)' (FWM 04009)Stopping CMS... The following errors occurred during the operation: ERROR: Import file parsing exception occurred : 'The kind 'FullClient' does not exist in the CMS. (FWM 04030)' (FWM 04009)Show BIAR File Content operation failed.

I was thinking in reinstall the system, but I don't want to loose the data inside, it could represent a two years lost of customization.

Please help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any messages related to this issue in Event Viewer? Check if there is any messages when you tried starting the CMS and post the same.

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I checked the event viewer and there is no logs from the application. This post has something related to the problem I'm trying to solve. .

Best Regards.