SUM Clean Module Password Required - Reset Java Upgrade
Hi we were upgrading EP Java and went to the Preprocessing phase where patches were applied to shadow instance. We decided we want a different version/set of patches and needed to recalculate stack file. We went ahead and cancelled the upgrade. We proceeded as follows:
1. SUM - Update - Reset Update. Message showed it was reset. Not sure if it "actually" worked. This was done according to SUM guide. Exited out of SUM with no errors.
2. Checked DB table - found schema present SAP<SID>SH - dropped schema with content
3. Checked main schema SAPSR3DB - 565 tables starting with SHD found . Dropped all these tables with cascade and purge.
4. Restored the /usr/sap/SID directory
5. Rebooted Server
6. SAP Starts up fine and everything works fine as before
7. Deleted shadow instance services from registry
8. No profiles found related to shadow instance
9. Deleted old SUM folder. Extracted fresh SUM and started
(Unfortunately in Java there is no option of RSUPGRES/RSUPGREV - neither is there a UVERS table - also there is no DDIC user which is being asked for when I do a SAPup prepare reset)
How do we clean up and do a reset for Java ? Ther's gotta be a place where SUM is reading old entries from. We really dont want to restore the DB but they may be the only solution it seems
Below is the message I get. I have opened a ticket with SAP and already checked OSS Note:
SUM has detected leftover artifacts that originate from previous SUM
execution that was left unfinished. This SUM instance can attempt to
cleaup the leftover data. In order to proceed please open OSS message in
BC-UPG-TLS-TLJ with the following information:
1. Your execution code: 1978128322
2. Explanation why the previous SUM run was not finished. If possible:
In which step you have stopped it.
After you open the message enter bellow the supplied password and choose