cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry transaction screen is not closed automatically, If we invoke any 3rd party application immediately after the transaction.

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a requirement to invoke a 3rd party application immediately after a transaction(Technically the inputs in the transaction screen decides whether to invoke the 3rd party application or not).

We achieved the functionality in the following way.

1.Created an action which contains three actions steps.

a. Action Step-1 :- Transaction Action Step calls the required transaction.

b. Action Step-2 :- Apply action step.

c. Action Step-3 :- Sub action step, which again calls another action to invoke the 3rd party app. and the execution of the sub action step is                                         decided depending on a flag value, which is being set by the above transaction.

The above functionality is working perfectly fine except one thing as mentioned below.

Issue :- 1.Suppose I selected the option in the transaction screen to invoke the 3rd party app.

As soon as I click on the finish button in the transaction screen the 3rd party application opens perfectly but the transaction screen is                     not closed automatically and If I come back to the agentry app after doing some thing in the 3rd party app. then Agentry client crashes.

2. If I don't select any option to invoke the 3rd party app. then everything works perfectly fine.

* If the logged in user(OS user) in the device is an administrator then everything works perfectly fine with out any issues.  

Application :- SAP Work Manager-6.0

Agentry Client and Server :- 6.1.3

platform :- WPF client.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Sudhir.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the help!!!

Finally we could able to resolve the issue by putting an alert(Message Action Step) before  invoking the 3rd party App.

Thanks,

Sudhir.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How are you making the call to the 3rd party app?

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the quick replay.

By the open URL action step we invoke a bat(.bat) file which contains the command to call the 3rd party app.(The 3rd party app. is installed locally).

Thanks,

Sudhir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What Windows version are you using?

Also, because you comment "If the logged in user(OS user) in the device is an administrator then everything works perfectly fine with out any issues." my guess the reason is a permission issue.  Can you make it so the Agentry Client always run as administrator no mater what the user type is.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Have you tried using the Windows command line step to launch the 3rd party program instead of the URL action step?

--Bill

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

We use WPF client on Windows 8.1 Pro OS.

It works perfectly fine when we run the Agentry Client as an administrator but our client(IT team) does not agree to give the administrative privileges to the application.

Thanks,

Sudhir.

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Windows command line step does not work in the WPF client but the same thing works in ATE.

Do I need to do any thing extra to get it worked in WPF client?

Thanks,

Sudhir.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You may need to upgrade to a newer version of the WPF client.  Command line step support was recently added.  You would need to check the release notes for the specific version.

What version are you running?

--Bill