cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation with data file failed...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on BPC10.0NWSP10

I am loading master data attributes from BW InfoObject and have written a start routine in the BADI UJD_ROUTINE as suggested by the HTG on this topic to filter certain values.

When I include the line STARTROUTINE = ZUJ_START_ROUTINE_EX_IMP under the *OPTIONS, upon "Validate & Process Transformation File" with the BW InfoObject MD, I am getting the following error:

[Start validating transformation file]
Validating transformation file format
Validating options...
Validation of options was successful.
Validating mappings...
Validation of mappings was successful.
Validating conversions...
Validation of the conversion was successful
Creating the transformation xml file. Please wait...
Transformation xml file has been saved successfully.
Begin validate transformation file with data file...
[Start test transformation file]
Validate has successfully completed
Validation with data file failed

My transformation file looks like as follows:

*OPTIONS
FORMAT = DELIMITED
HEADER = YES
DELIMITER = TAB
AMOUNTDECIMALPOINT = .
SKIP =
SKIPIF =
VALIDATERECORDS=YES
CREDITPOSITIVE=YES
MAXREJECTCOUNT=
ROUNDAMOUNT=

STARTROUTINE = ZUJ_START_ROUTINE_EX_IMP

Not sure what might be causing this error.

If I remove the last line (STARTROUTINE = ZUJ_START_ROUTINE_EX_IMP) the transformation file validates and processes successfully and MD loads, albeit incorrectly(since it does not call STARTROUTINE to do what we have implemented in the BADI).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Coomar,

Try run the package, and see any short dumps in ST22.

You don't have to validate with real data to save the transformation file.

Or just debug and step through your code if no short dumps from the BADI.

Andy

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you've written a BADI you probably know how to debug it.

First of all, why do you need a BADI for filtering? There is a UI package that provides a wide range of filtering options.

Second, if your filtering rules are so complex that only BADI can handle them, why START BADI and not END BADI? In START BADI data comes in delimited format and you have to parse it to get to individual element. In END BADI data is already parsed and each element is in a certain field of internal table.

If you still want to have that START BADI just put a break-point at the end and check what data you returning in the table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gersh,

Can you elaborate a little bit more on "UI package" that you refer to?

Thanks.

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Around 4 years back a new DM Package was delivered based on Process Chain /CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_MASTER. Not sure it's already in standard documentation.

It was one of the first Packages with a lot of selection options and it had "User Interface" (UI) in the name. If you don't have it, you can easily create it based on mentioned above Process Chain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The DM package I am using is for Attributes and Text only (/CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_MASTER) but the filtering options are fairly limited ( with operators '=' or 'BT' only) that don't work for me.

I do not see any other UI package that does the same with expanded filtering option. If you can recall - do let me know. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW, the only UI pakcage I see is for Transaction Data InfoProviders (/CPMB/LOAD_INFOPROV_UI) and not for MD InfoObjects. Are you referring to that one, by any chance?

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it's /CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_MASTER as I already replied earlier.

What is so complex in your filters that it doesn't work for you?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Coomar,

Then the error is in the badi code...

Vadim