cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying minimum date value for each row

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create a webi report. The report has  the following fields. Data in the database is also in this form.

Vendor No
Name
Changed Date
Status
100abc6/24/09N
100abc6/28/13Y
100abc7/2/13Y
100abc9/11/13N
100abc12/1/14Y

The requirement is to replace the Changed date column with a variable(New Changed Date) that will show the minimum date value for each status. this means that when there are same status in two consecutive rows for a particular vendor number, it will display only one row with the minimum date. For example, here there are two consecutive rows for Y status with different dates. The column will show only the minimum date from the two rows of Y status and when there are no consecutive occurrence of the same status then it will display the date as it is.

The below table will be  the required output.

Vendor No
Name
New Changed Date
Status
100abc6/24/09N
100abc6/28/13Y
100abc9/11/13N
100abc12/1/14Y

Please help me with a formula that can give the desired output in Webi. I am using BO XI R3.1

Regards,

Argha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member59613
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use the Previous() function to do a comparison of the current value of a dimension with the previous one, but finding a way to get the min of the date of consecutive values is probably not going to be possible.

You would need a way to group the consecutive values together.  But since there is the potential for the same Vendor No, Name and Status to exist in non-consecutive rows, it makes it very tricky.  I can't think of a way to get this to work.

Here's an example of a formula that gives you a "1" if the previous status is the same as the current.

=If ([status] = Previous([status])) Then  "1"

Beyond that, I don't know of a way to make this work the way you want.

Perhaps a consultant out there can assist.

Jb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jonathan for your prompt reply.

I understand it is tricky and even i am not sure whether it can be achieved in BO.

Can anyone else help me with this?

Regards,

Argha

Arjun_KT
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Argha ,

As mentioned by Jonathan Brown,

You can use =If ([status] = Previous([status])) Then  "1" else "0" as a variable "v_filter "

Then put a Block filter and apply v_filter =0.

This will remove the record which is having repeated Status .

Hope the date will be in Ascending order .

Please try and let me know .

Regards

Arjun KT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It worked.

Regards,

Argha

Answers (0)