Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average calculation in Parent node

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have following report

XYZ

Expense      % increase        Forecaster values

2012                 2012                        2012

Account 001                  10                    1.05                         10.5       

Account 002                   20                    1.05                          21

Account 000                         30                     2.10                          63

>I have a dimension member formula on (Forecaster values category that the value will be Expense* % increase)

The problem i am facing is that when i gives the value of 1.05 in each base level account 001 and 002 it automatically sum up (1.05+1.05) 2.10 in to account 000 member and apply the same formula and gives 63.

I want that on the Account member the value remain 1.05 and calculation will be performed as following 30*1.05=31.5

> As i cant take 1.05 on Account 000 because its not a base member How the problem can be solved

I Want Average calculation in Parent node rather than add

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rai,

Please read my document:

Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

P.S. It means that you have to calculate Forecast values using script logic and in reports show % increase as an additional calculated member. Then you will have correct figures.

Vadim

0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

What if i don't want to see even sum of base members in node at all.

Regards

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but if you have a node with base members - then sum will be shown. You can play with custom measures but it's a wrong approach.

Vadim

0 Kudos

Hi Vadim

Yes after a lot of search i came up with a workaround. Its a bit childish approach but at least as a user seeing purpose apparently there is no data to see.

I colored the font of node text numbers as >>>white...In that way at least no value will be there if he takes a print and set the sheet on protection.    

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This workaround will create a lot of troubles! I remember one company where Finance director promised to fire the person who will send Excel file with white text

It's better to do things properly from the very beginning.

Vadim