cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Focus CTM PDS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using CTM in MTO scenario, and the customer is using order BOM in ERP.  Different sales order has different BOM for planning and production. So I have to use focus PDS in APO.

To use CTM, if the demand is sales order , how to use focus CTM PDS for CTM engine?

Actually I have two questions.

1. How to create focus CTM PDS in APO?

Now I can create CTM PDS, focus PPDS PDS, but I cannot create a focus CTM PDS.

2. Does CTM engine support any focus PDS? 

Now, in CTM profile -master data selection, PPDS PDS/CTM PDS can be selected. But focus PPDS PDS cannot be selected, so I doubt whether CTM can support any focus PDS.  If the answer is NO, then I dont need the answer of question 1.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No one use CTM for  MTO senario before?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alan,

?????  That was not your original question.  You question was about the use of focus CTM PDS.

I am currently working on a CTM project that has limited MTO functionality. There are no Order BOMs.  In this solution, we select the master data by product/location, not by source of supply.  As you may suspect, MTO is not commonly used in CTM; CTM was developed as a solution for the semiconductor electronics manufacturing industry, where MTO is almost never used.

Unfortunately, I have never attempted to implement CTM as a planning tool where Order BOMs are part of the solution.  I doubt you will be successful; refer to note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1533066

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK.  So CTM only support MTO scenario with normal PDS but not focs PDS.