cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS- ECM planning overview and Planning screen-Taking Way too long -EHP6/NWBC HTML*Tough one**

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are experiencing long time, when loading planning overview page for Org units, as well as when selecting good chunk of org units and "hit" planning.

1. Expanding planning overview page - 200+  Direct reports - 2 minutes
  2. "Planning" - 200+  Direct reports - 1.5 minutes.

I have done performance trace (ST05) as a test ID , and system is reading HRP1001 9000 times ( open/fetch) / HRP1000  5000 times, PLOGI ( 1500 times).  ( 8000 eligible employees with 1100 org units - Expanding all)

We have also coded an enhancement spot for "HRWPC_RFC_OADP_EVAL_DATAVIEW" to set  CACHEMAXAGE  = '30'. Also change V_TWPC_ORGVWG_P sequence of "MSS_ECM_SEL" group.

MSS_ECM_SEL_ALLEmployees for Compensation Planning5
MSS_ECM_SEL_DIRDirect Reports3
MSS_ECM_SEL_FLTFilter Employees6
MSS_ECM_SEL_LISEmployees from Organizational Units1
MSS_ECM_SEL_REVEmployees for Approval7
MSS_ECM_SEL_SEAEmployee Search4
MSS_ECM_SEL_TREEmployees from Organizational Structure

http://scn.sap.com/message/6920615

We are also looking at class CL_HRECM00_PLANNING_SERVICES method GET_INFO_FOR_ORGUNIT, thinking to create a staging table to load all of the org units via custom background job, and put an enhancement spot and  have system read it from Z staging table. ( The job needed to run every 10 minutes at CEO level), not sure if it is a better soloution.

Also looked at OSS note - 1974957 - Performance with HRP1001 table. General troubleshooting guide. 

We have also coded 20% custom code in "HRECM00_PLANNING_OVERVIEW", and 5% in HRECM00_PLANNING_UI to handle our company specific business rules.

Note: We have implemented a hybrid  solution very similar to ECM "deep approval."

We are using MSS via NWBC HTML ( EHP6).

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Saquib Khan, PMP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you take a trace using ST12 ie HTTP trace in this and perform the above actions in portal you can capture ABAP or DB time where most time is spent http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Single+Transaction+Analysis Whats your EA HR level? There were some notes release to improver performance

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth Rajora.

We have ran performance traces , including ST12 but major no-luck. I have looked at couple of OSS notes but cant be implemented.

We are on  EA-HR 606 0042 SAPK-60642INEAHR SAP Enterprise Extension HR .

Thanks,

Saquib Khan, PMP

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you also raise a OSS message as we have a pilot note 1791503 - Compensation planning: top manager of a large structure Also The idea behind the Compensation application is to select employees from some specific org units and not from the complete company in one go (no user would be able to process such a large number) With more than thousand employees involved a long runtime is inevitable. I would ask you to check your custom coding and enhance it. also Can you identify where maximum time in spent? ie ABAP FM etc?

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks  Siddharth Rajora. I will ask my team to raise an OSS message, we are also looking into custom code, and we have found 500 recursive calls to a custom table.  We have reduced the number of calls to 2 by create a class method.

On the other note, I have also seen a report "RP_MSS_OADP_UPDATE _BUFFER" that SAP has created but unfortunately it is on EHP7, but we are on EHP6.

Our MSS home page is also very slow for the first time for every single managers.It is taking 6 minutes for the manager who has more than 7 direct reports.  It is coming back under 30 seconds for 2nd time. The challenge is lots of managers experiencing server time out after 10 minutes (600 sec).... Do you have any suggestion for us?

I wish, I could implement Z version of "RP_MSS_OADP_UPDATE _BUFFER" in our system.  I have also coded enhancement spot to by pass reading "photo" URLs, but it has increase performance only by 10%.  ( We have raise an OSS message with SAP)

http://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias_2013_01/helpdata/en/1a/32731d8c6a469c9ab021ffaac426d8/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Saquib Khan, PMP

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Buffer is only for hr renewal Schedule this RPTMC_INDEX_EE_PIC_URL_TO_INDX This is very important as most time is spent in URLS generation! Do a trace after scheduling this and check again where time is spent

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sid, Does it matter if we have eliminate the call  in the standard class to read photo URL.  The underlying business reason is we are not using photos at all.

That said, running program RPTMC_INDEX_EE_PIC_URL_TO_INDX will do any good?

Class - CL_HIER_VIS_OADP_MSS_IMPL->IF_HIER_VIS_BUILDER~GET_NAV_DATA

*-----code start --------  ( Elimnating this reduce 138 recursive calls)

*      IF El_otype = 'P'.

*        El_pernr = El_objid.

*        CALL METHOD me->get_ee_picture_url

*          EXPORTING

*            iv_pernr = El_pernr

*          RECEIVING

*            rv_url   = El_url_value.

*      ENDIF.

*---- code end ---------

We are also trying to change this per OSS note

To create and change the value of the G_REFRESH
application parameter, please perform

the following manual steps:

1. 1. Go to transaction SE80.
  2. 2. On the Object Navigator page, select the
    PAOC_MSS_HOMEPAGE_WDA package.
  3. 3. Choose Web Dynpro -> Web Dynpro Applicat.
    -> double-click HRMSS_TEAM_DETAIL.
  4. 4. On the Parameters tab page, perform the
    following:
  5. 5. Enter G_REFRESH in the Parameters field.
  6. 6.
    Enter a default value in the Values field and save.

Thanks,

Saquib Khan, PMP

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes, the program will help if you are not using photos. do you get photo silhouettes, anyhow I wouldn't recommend changing the standard program. this is central note for performance improvement in MSS ADD On, please go through the note     1889860 - MSS Add-on Performance Issues after this do one more trace and we can see where time is spent

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sid for your prompt reply. No we are not using silhouettes.  I looked the following OSS note, that cant be implemented in our system, so We have decided to change standard code -

2086048 - MSS Team Viewer Performance issue when GET_PICTURE_URLS called with an empty PERNR table

I will ask my team to look at OSS note, and trace and update you accordingly.

Thanks,

Saquib Khan,PMP

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

also, since you see performance issue widespread in MSS. I would suggest check the indexing of the authorization ie RHBAUS00 read here I explained it earlier http://scn.sap.com/thread/3421096

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sid. We have already schedule the program (RHBAUS00) in production  for the all the managers who have more than 5 direct reports.

On the side, for the merit planning overview screen,  we did change our custom code to reduce number of recursive calls. I will test and update you the results.

Thanks,

Saquib Khan, PMP

Answers (0)