Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMDPs and HANA Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just recently created my first AMDP.  The AMDP consisted of an ABAP Class and Method that I ran in an ABAP program to call a HANA stored procedure containing R script. I received security errors whenever any of the associated HANA objects did not reside in the _SYS_BIC schema.

Could someone please explain why this is the case?  I have MODELING, PUBLIC, and AFLPM Granted Roles. On System Privileges I only have the 'CREATE R SCRIPT' privilege. In Object Privileges I have the access to the various Schemas including _SYS_BIC and SYSTEM. Thanks for your help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jasmin_gruschke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anand, the AMDP is executed using the standard ABAP database connection (therefore as database user SAP<SID>). This user typically does not have the authorizations and user roles you mentioned above leading to the described error messages. You cannot switch the database user to your user, so you would have to request the enhancement of database use auth. / roles for the SAP<SID> in your system.

Cheers,

Jasmin

2 REPLIES 2

jasmin_gruschke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anand, the AMDP is executed using the standard ABAP database connection (therefore as database user SAP<SID>). This user typically does not have the authorizations and user roles you mentioned above leading to the described error messages. You cannot switch the database user to your user, so you would have to request the enhancement of database use auth. / roles for the SAP<SID> in your system.

Cheers,

Jasmin

0 Kudos

You're awesome Jasmin! Thank you.