cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service making new connection in Crystal Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been using the WCF web service as a data source in my Crystal Report 2008.

Is it possible to have single connection, and all methods to be listed in the same, similar to what we have in SQL data source?

Because every time I have to make a new connection and choose a method which is to be used in the sub report, this leaves me with 10 connections for 10 sub-reports.

Kindly guide me in case I am doing something wrong.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, there is no way to "share" a web service connection (or any type of connection) between the main report and subreports or between multiple subreports.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dell.

Having as many connection has some effect on the performance of the Report?

What can be the better choice?

As I am removing around 24 Stored Proc. and adding 24 web services.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any type of connection - whether to web service or to database - takes some time.  Are you using the connections in a single "main" report or are they in subreports?  Either way, it sounds like the report will be fairly slow whether it uses SPs or web services.

Is there any way to get all, or most, of the data in a single query?  That's the most efficient way to do it.  When you have multiple queries (SP or WS) in a main report or a single subreport, Crystal will pull all of the data into memory and do the joins there instead of pushing that work to the database.  This can cause significant slowness in the report.

-Dell

Answers (0)