cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIS30270 error in WEBI 4.1 SP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to switch datasource for a WEBI report based on a BICS connection and getting an error message (WIS 30270)( detail in attachment).Any body encountered similar issue in 4.1 WEBI ?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member59613
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you getting prompted for parameters after you change source?  If so, you have to fill some in.  Hitting cancel on the prompts dialog will cause this error.

SAP Note 1984639 talks about this.

Other than that, The only other reason I can think of that could cause this is that the BEx queries have some major differences that make them incompatible in some way.

Might want to get logs and see if they give more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Jon.To be specific, I am trying to change the data source from a relational connection to a BICS connection. I am just following the prompts on the screen which is/and should be pretty straight forward but its not working in the end when you enter all the mandatory parameter values and the object mapping is done the error message displays.I've gone through the SAP note that you've mentioned above but it hasn't been of much help. The NOTE says that this is a normal priority but its not. Not been able to switch a datasource is a HIGH priority....

former_member59613
Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting.  I just did a quick simple test on my BI 4.1 SP04 environment and I was able to change from a relational source to a BEx source.  I honestly didn't even think it would let me.  It looks like going from a BEx based source, you can only change source to another BEx source though so there are some limitations that way.

Does it let you continue after you get that error?  If so, you could try duplicating the report tab that is giving the error to see if that resolves it.  If you can duplicate it, you could delete the original one as a test.  The UpdateRS function updates the Report Specifications I think, which means one or more of the objects on a report is not updating correctly.

Can you try doing this in a simple workflow with less objects or attempt to narrow it down to 1 or more objects through trial and error?

The logs may also give us some insight into which object on the report is causing the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if that's an option in SP02...