Did you mean: 

PPDS APO

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

We have the following requirement.

-> PIR should be uploaded from ECC.

-> Heuristic happens in APO to generate Purchase Req's (As its Procurement type is "F").

It is new plant, ciffed to APO and try to run in RRP3, we are getting some error like  "External procurement in planning segment not allowed (product 02738M9/HK11:.

Please find the below screen shot for log details.

Kindly post your valuable suggestion what has to done for solving this, Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhakar,

Message no. /SAPAPO/RRP433 -External procurement in planning segment not allowed

What is planning strategy are you using?

For planning without final assembly, external procurement is not allowed.

Please refer OSS note 519070 "Planning without Final Assembly"

Have you set Individual/coll indicator value to 1?

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Individual/coll indicator value mentioned as "2".

Planning strategy : 30 Planning without final assembly.

MRP type : Y0 (APO ATP, APO MRP)

Procurement type : F.

Iam unable to generated Purchase Req, Kindly suggest how can i over come this issue. What has to done from myside to get PurchReq..

thanks in advance.

br,

Sudhakar

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhakar,

Planning without final assembly - 30, external procurement is not allowed.

Please refer OSS note 519070 "Planning without Final Assembly" it explain the same

What are the disadvantages of planning without final assembly in APO?

• Planning without final assembly only works for an in-house production. Planning without final assembly is not possible for stock transfers. However, planning without final assembly is possible in R/3, even with stock transfers.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Iam agreeing with your point.

How can i get Purch.Req in this what i have to change in the setting to get Purc.Req..

We are in the critical stage, kindly help what has to do for getting Purc.Req.

would be grate if you could share your number, will contact directly now itself.

br,

sudhakar

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhakar,

You need to change planning/requirement  strategy. You can use strategy like 10 or 20 for this product.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

i can't change manually because those should be come from ECC, correct?

What i have to change in ECC to reflect 10/20 in APO?

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes you are right, you have to change Strategy group to 10 or 40  Planning with final assembly in MRP 3 view of material master in ECC.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

But same scenario working in ECC? why not in APO .

In ECC they are doing MRP getting Purchase Req, but facing issues in APO.

Is it possible to Contact you in call ?

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Planning without final assembly only works for an in-house production. Planning without final assembly is not possible for stock transfers. However, planning without final assembly is possible in R/3, even with stock transfers.

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

But in the same they mentioned it can be possible,

The aim of preventing make-to-stock production, as long as there are no sales orders, can also be achieved differently in APO. In APO Release 3.1, you can activate the requirements check in the Customizing of the conversion rule. The conversion rule itself is assigned a product in the product master in the PP/DS screen. If the requirements check is activated, you can only set the conversion indicator for a planned order or a purchase requisition if the planned order or purchase requisition is required for a sales order. A multi-level evaluation of the pegging lanes determines whether the planned order or the purchase requisition are required for a sales order.

What does it means ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakaran,

Is there any specific point you don't understand in above? I see it inline with what Rupesh says above... In APO planning without final assembly works only for in-house produced materials... The planning segment is used to procure components before the receipt of any sales order - but in case of externally procured materials since there are no components to be procured and hence planning segment does not make sense...

I think you need to change planning strategy to allow F-type materials being planned in APO through heuristics... It is in MRP3 tab.

Answers (0)