cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object dependency for to be not select particular operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have three different characteristic.Say color, Engine and tool.

I want to select the operation when color and Engine having specific value matches but not select the operation when tool having specific value though color and engine value satisfy.

Kindly suggest me syntax for object dependency?

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Can you give an example for your scenario? Based on my understanding of your query, you may write a selection condition with following syntax:

($ROOT.COLOR = <CHARACTERISTIC VALUE OF COLOR> AND $ROOT.ENGINE = <CHARACTERISTIC VALUE OF ENGINE>) AND ($ROOT.TOOL <> <CHARACTERISTIC VALUE OF TOOL>)

where CHARACTERISTIC VALUE OF COLOR & CHARACTERISTIC VALUE OF ENGINE should be the desired values to be matched while CHARACTERISTIC VALUE OF TOOL is the value for which operation should not be selected.

Awaiting your example if above syntax does not work.

Regards

SD

Message was edited by: Samier Danish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samier

Thank you for your Prompt Response.

Actually my current object dependency is like below.

$parent.GE09 IN ('A', 'B', 'C', 'Z') AND

$parent.GE09 specified AND

$parent.ZMAN_ENG_BUILD IN ('YES', 'NO') AND

$parent.ZMAN_ENG_BUILD specified

I just want explain above condition, When my characteristic GE09 Value is one of A,B,C,D and ZMAN_ENG_BUILD value is one of the YES or NO then operation would be select.

but I want deselect this operation when my characteristic  ZVC_EX01 vaule is YES even though above condition fulfill.

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I believe you can add to your dependency a last statement that deals with ZVC_EX01, like the following:

$parent.GE09 IN ('A', 'B', 'C', 'Z') AND

$parent.ZMAN_ENG_BUILD specified AND NOT

$parent.ZVC_EX01 = 'YES'.

Hopefully it should work.

Let me know....

Thank you and bye,

Flavio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

In that case you need to write dependency as (add the characters in red fonts):

($parent.GE09 IN ('A', 'B', 'C', 'Z') AND

$parent.ZMAN_ENG_BUILD specified) AND ($PARENT.ZVC_EX01 = 'NO' AND SPECIFIED $PARENT.ZVC_EX01)

Kindly try and let us know your result.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio

I have use the syntax suggested by you and its work fine.

Thanks Flavio and Samier.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

It is good to hear that your issue is resolved.

Please close the thread as explained below link:

Regards

SD

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am new in vc. I am doing implementation of one the the client.They manufct. chargers.it contain 75 items and among them 6 they assemble in inhouse and rest of item they procure externally.the problem is that what they manufact. inhouse it contain 200 varieties of each compnt. accordinding to their properties. example.charger is a finished goods.it contain module(assembl),transformer(assamble),dc chowk(assemble),snubber(assemble),line surge(assemble) component of each assembly contain 500 veriaties according to their properties. quantities of each component is keep on changing according to design specific calculation.please help me how can i map it in vc.i have seen all the post in scn form but i dint get clear idea what to do.

Regards,

Meraj Ansari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meraj,

Please post a separate thread instead of posting within others thread.

Can you post a simple example of your requirement i.e on what basis quantities are changing?

Regards

SD

0 Kudos

Hi Samier,

My company manufacture chargers.

it contain 74 component. among them 5 compt. get assemble in the company its self .

component are below,

1.transformer

2.module

3.dc chowk

4.snubber

5. line surge

I take the example of the transformer. it contain below component which we procure fro vendor

Component                                                             Qty.

1.core strip 40-70mm                                             65kg

2.wire copper 14swg(stand. wire guage)               40kg

3.ms fabricated angle& machine                           12kg

4.ms stud 1/2"x375mm                                          4 no.

5.FRP MATERIALS                                                 3KG

6.GASKET SHEET CHAMPION 1/16"                     2KG

7.GLASS TAPE1"x5milx50mts                               3 roll

8 cotton tape 5mil 1"                                               1 roll

problem is that core strips have multiple size like 40-100mm,40-110m,40-130mm,40-15mm,40-65mm,40-70mm,50-170mm,40-85mm,40-120mm,30-60mm, like that it has 30 sizes and if take 40-70mm so quantity will be65 kg if take other size so quantity again will change.and if I take example of ms stud it has 200 sizes and each size has specific fix quantity like that other component of transformer contain same things as I have mentioned like above example. I want to map these things in vc. I am new in vc. I have gone through all the doc. in scn but I dint get clear idea how should map this in vc. please help me. I am looking forward to your reply

Regards,

Meraj Ansari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meraj,

Thanks for your reply.

You might be irritated by my request to start a new thread but please do that to have more visibility of your query.

The thread which you have hijacked is already answered (see the green tick) and no one would be interested to look into 'already answered' threads

This is one of the implied rules of SCN forum.

Regards

SD

Answers (0)