Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to RFC Scenario

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a Scenario of file to Rfc .Here my intension is to pick the file which is text file with pipeline delimiter which contains the business data .here i am posting the data to ECC via PI and i am using the pi7.4 version. Here my Scenario contains two requirements

1. if the data is posted to ECC no need to create the file at sender side.

2. if the data is not posted to ECC i want to catch the error and i want to send it to the sender.

How can i acheive this .Please help me!

Thanks in Advance. Solution provider will be appriciated

Regards

Giridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This should be part of the interface monitoring strategy. You can add the email address of the person responsible of the source system to the Alert config.

Cheers,

Fouad

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

HGiri,

Please check  below links

File-RFC-File(Without BPM) - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Thanks,

Sreenivas

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sreenivas,

i have already read that but here i am not fetching the details from ECC. just i want to catch the error message if the data posting is failed and i need to send to the sender.

Thanks in advance

Giridhar

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

ok for this you have to do one thing...

In RFC you have to mention the fault messages and you need to create fault data type for source...

here check below..

3 Source Data types

1 for Request i.e. Data from file to rfc

2 for Response i.e. rfc response to file

3 for fault message i.e. rfc fault to file

and 3 Message types   and in service interface if you create as Synchronous there you will get fault option also... provide these 3 meesage types in service interface.

Create 3 message mappings like

1. file request to ---> RFC request

2. RFC Response ---> File Response

3. RFC Fault ----> File fault.

In operation maping proivde all these 3 mappings.

Reamining all are same as the link provided above.

Thanks,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this requirement you can create a Asynch-Synch Bridge using RequestResponse Bean and Response One wayBean in the sender File communication channel.

>> if the data is posted to ECC no need to create the file at sender side.

In this case a successful response message will be triggered from the RFC. You can stop the message in PI. One way to stop is using the received determination. (so that there is no error message in your PI system)

>> if the data is not posted to ECC i want to catch the error and i want to send it to the sender.

The fault message in RFC should provide you the error output. Map it accordilgly to a target structure.

I hope you are trying to write the response file into the sender system.

Thanks,

Sudhansu

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

thaks sudharsan

here my doubt is does i need to take the interfaces as synchronous communication on sender side and i need to take two mappings right.let me know if i am wrong. and coming to integration directory i need to create

Message mappings

dt_sender--> RFC request

RFC Response --> fault message

at where i have to take the fault messge type . i think its on sender side

3 communication channels

one receiver determination

one interface determination

one sender agreement

one receiver agreement

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudharsan,

i am not having the fault message. in that Scenario how can i handle this.why i am asking is i am new to pi

Thanks

Giridhar

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi giri,

please check my link provided below...

Thanks,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> here my doubt is does i need to take the interfaces as synchronous communication on sender side

When you are using the request response bean it simulates the sender as if it is a synchronous.

>>i need to take two mappings right

>>i am not having the fault message.

As you have said you don't have a fault message. Yes you can create 2 mappings based on the need.

One for request message

One for the response mapping

I assume you are using an Z-RFC. In this case one approach could be, you have make modification in RFC, if the RFC posting is not successful trigger the response back to PI. In one of the field maintain a value as "Fail" (or any other unique value you like).

If the RFC is successfuly posted trigger back the response message within one field you can maintain a value as "Success" (or any other unique value you like).

After the above is done.

In Receiver Determination select condition (XPATH) "if unique field = Fail" then select the source system business system

To suppress the "Success" response message on the same receiver determination step by selecting "If No Receiver is Found, proceed as follows = Ignore".

>>at where i have to take the fault messge type

Just to answer you question. FYI. fault message should be a part of RFC

Thanks,

Sudhansu

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

k sudharsan

i will check as you said

Thanks

Giridhar

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sudhansukumar,

i have designed and configured the scenario as you said , but my querey is how many receiver determinations does i need to create in integration directory

Thanks

Giridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create 2 Receiver Determination steps.

1. Request Message.

2. Response Message. --> Here you handle the xpath conditions

Thanks,

Sudhansu

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

k Sudhansukumar

the total steps created in integration directory is as follows. if i am wrong please correct me

2 business systems

3 communication channels --2 are file and 1 is for RFC

1 sender agreement

2 receiver agreements

2 receiver determinations

1 interface determination -- because i have taken the service interface as sychronous

Thanks

Giridhar

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

kumar pls help me

Thanks in Advance

Giridhar

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the error you are getting... Just execute your interface and let us know...

Thanks,

Sreenivas

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sreenivas

As per the document u have given in the link i am getting the following error and objects i have created in integration directory is

and the error i am getting is

Please suggest me

Thanks in Advance

Giridhar

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sreenivas ,

Could  you please tell me the Prerequisites in this scenario . my query is does need to create the Rfc destination pointing to the pi system

Thanks

Giridhar