Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAP Lumira Desktop Trimming

Hello everyone,

I have been struggling for a while with this .csv document I have.

One of the columns had an Amount expressed with the following "look": "0.000000 EUR" I already changed the "." to a comma, but trimming the EUR away is getting on my nerves because it keeps appearing after the trim.

I tried simply converting the column to numbers, but nothing showed up on the new column, the cells were empty.

I want to make this thing all neat and clean looking, but I am also quite new to this Software, so maybe i am missing something here. Could it be a limitation of the trial version?

Kind regards,

Pedro Mendes

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Here is the extra information I got from engineering colleagues.

- the Trim function in the Prepare room is only able to trim white space and certain separator characters (e.g. comma).

- we cannot trim anything within a phrase. The trim can only happen on before or after the string.  So for ex. <Space>, you can only trim a space before or after the whole string. First Name -> FirstName is not directly supported. The user will need to split  First Name into First and Name then concatenate.

Thanks to them,

The SAP Lumira User Guide 1.21 (http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/vi01/en/lum_121_user_en.pdf) has information on the Prepare Room trim function (p.44) and some trim functions (p59, p60).

Best regards, enjoy the holiday season,

Antoine

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question