Did you mean: 

[BO XI R2] Restore after server crash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

here is my configuration :

• server 1 : Business Objects XI R2 applications
  • server 2 : CMS Oracle (10g) database

"Server 1" has crashed (hard drive failure) and I want to reinstall a new server using existing CMS database (server 2).

I first tryed to backup and restore CMS Oracle database on another server, but the result is the same that "plugging" new BO install on existing CMS database, meaning : I see my universes in designer, but can't import them. Obviously, the files are not present in the file repository server (server 1).

Question is : is it possible to plug a fresh BO install to my existing Oracle CMS database ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's only possible if you have CMS DB backup and the Filestore backup then only you can replicate the OLD Env without any issue.

If you have any QA or DEV Env with the same content you can  migrated the Data from there.

Else if you have a backup in the .biar file you can also restore from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you sir for your answer.

Like I said, I just have the Oracle CMS database running, and the application server with the filestore is down.

It means that I can not restore anything based on that.

I don't have any other environnment .

I only have an old BIAR backup, but I can't restore it, and don't know why.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fred,

To recover you should have File store and CMS DB, So that you can point it on your test systems . Your biar files should work to import however not sure about the size you are trying to import. Any specific error do you see ?. You can enable import wizard log trace on your machine and see whats going wrong with that(google it for more details on that ) .

Regards,

Answers (0)