cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove Blank Space between Page Header and Group Header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am new to Crystal Reports.So Appreciate your help on the issue stated below.

My Crystal Report Layout is as Follows.

Report Header

---------------------

Page Header

Some Data

Blank Spaces

Blank Spaces

--------------------

Group Header

I want to remove these blank Spaces but By Selecting the Group Header and Dragging Upwards doesnt go upward. Please suggest what can be done to remove the blank spaces

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reshma,

Do you have an object that 'grows' on the page header section?

Right-click the blue area beside Page Header and select 'Fit Section' - see if this helps.

Could you post a screenshot of the design page and the preview page please?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

There is no "Can Grow"  Object in the Page Header Section.

And On Right Click, there is no "Fit Section'

The Design mode is like this

The Page Preview is like this. Need to remove the Yellow Highlighted blank Space

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That looks like a very old version of CR - and that explains the lack of the 'fit section' option.

Anyway, in the Design Mode, I see that there is a lot of blank space after the '*Remark' text.

You should be able to move the Group Header Section so that the gap between itself and the Page Header closes down.

Try positioning the mouse arrow somewhere on the the 'Group Header' Label or at the top of the area of the thick gray line that is the Group Header and see if the arrow changes to something else that lets you move the section up.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

I tried moving the Group Header section Upwards but it was no Joy. It seems like it is fixed and wouldn't move upward. All the Other Group Headers are moving as Specified.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That can happen when you have an object on the section above it (in this case the Page Header), that extends all the way to the bottom of that section - e.g a line object, a box, a text object.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

So how can we de-limit it or solve it

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please attach the report with saved data or send it to my e-mail (my e-mail is in my profile) and I'll take a look at it.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved it... There was a Line Object that seemed hidden behind the Group Header. Thanks for the Support

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that is what I meant in my previous reply.

Glad this is resolved.

-Abhilash

Answers (0)